We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Allegiant air to Vegas

Which Bellingham hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Richmond, Canada
Level Contributor
1,083 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Allegiant air to Vegas

I don't like flying at all. Just wondering how the flight is typically at the beginning if March actually March 4-9 from Bellingham to Vegas. Took it last year and no problems but someone told me that March is the most unpredictable weather .Wondering if there is a lot of wind and turbulance at this time of year or is that just random?Haven't flown for about 40 years until last year ,and not since,just getting geared up to go in 3 weeks, and with me , knowledge is power and feel that if I know what to expect, I'm not as afraid..

Renton, WA
Level Contributor
3,836 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Allegiant air to Vegas

Forecasts beyond five days are pretty much guesswork. Having said that, almost all of the forecastable weather exists below 18,000 feet, and your jet will be flying in the 30000 range. You can get clear-air turbulence up there, but it is not detectable with radar and forecasts have to be general in nature. Just for fun, though, go to http://aviationweather.gov/adds/ a few days before departure and put GTG in the search box. Drill down to get a graphic representation of forecast turbulence.

Renton, WA
Level Contributor
3,836 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Allegiant air to Vegas

Probably more information than you need, but still an interesting read:

avwxworkshops.com/magazines/Dennstaedt_GTG2.…

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,923 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Allegiant air to Vegas

Bellingham in general gets different weather than farther south but it would seem like a slim chance of getting anything unusual.

4. Re: Allegiant air to Vegas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2010, 07:17