We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good experience at Designated Park and Ride, Bellingham

Mission, B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
111 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Good experience at Designated Park and Ride, Bellingham

We just used Designated Park and Ride for 18 days in Sept/Oct. This was the first time and we were very pleased. No problems with the car and prompt shuttle and pick up. We were at our car within 10 minutes of leaving the airport building....quicker than walking or being shuttled to the overflow lot at the airport. We've been looking for cheaper parking alternatives in Bellingham but reviews of other places have been dodgy. The parking was $5.00 a day in a secure lot just off I5 (2.1 miles to the airport). Shuttle is by taxi which costs an additional $10.00 return. The young fellow, Andy, also has a small taxi business and he's trying to build up the park and fly part of the venture. We'd like to see him succeed so give him a try. You won't find $5.00 parking elsewhere. The address is 4226 Pacific Hwy and the phone number is 360-201-0700.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
978 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good experience at Designated Park and Ride, Bellingham

we are going to hawaii on the 29th and have been thinking about options. We were going to just park at the airport. But now I am wondering about this company. I saw them before and was wondering how good they were.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
978 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good experience at Designated Park and Ride, Bellingham

do they have a website

Mission, B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
111 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good experience at Designated Park and Ride, Bellingham

Not yet but coming. I found the location etc at this website: www.airport-parking-cheap.com. Give Andy a call to book your spot. If you're coming from Canada he asks that you call or text him when you cross the border so he can meet you at the lot. He is not at the lot all the time because he also operates a taxi.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
978 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good experience at Designated Park and Ride, Bellingham

How busy does the actual airport parking get. we won't be flying out until 630 pm

Mission, B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
111 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good experience at Designated Park and Ride, Bellingham

The new expanded parking lot is finished so I would hope that there is adequate parking for everyone.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
978 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good experience at Designated Park and Ride, Bellingham

I keep going back and forth.....using the airport or not

Mission, B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
111 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good experience at Designated Park and Ride, Bellingham

Depends how much money you want to save and whether you're comfortable with Designated.....$5.00 a day vs $9.00 a day. I wouldn't mind as much if Bellingham Airport offered somewhat a discount for long term stay, or offered coupons or something. As it happened, I was in my car and and driving home quicker than if I had been shuttled to the overflow parking lot!

Mentioned in this post
Bellingham Airport
Bellingham Airport
Bellingham, WA
Langley, BC
Level Contributor
2 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good experience at Designated Park and Ride, Bellingham

I tried to use this service and it was a nightmare. After many tries to reserve and supposed success (both email and telephone confirmations) our ride never materialized. Pay the extra $4 per day and park right at the airport. Don't make the mistake that we did and ignore all the bad reviews of this company. I am still waiting for the promised refund of my deposit for the ride I never got.

Bothell, Washington
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Good experience at Designated Park and Ride, Bellingham

I parked at designated park and ride a week felt very safe leaving my new car there with the secure lot. Large parking spaces so no door dings like at the airport. I was dropped off and picked up promptly. Great experience over all.

Edited: 07 June 2012, 16:55
10. Re: Good experience at Designated Park and Ride, Bellingham

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 11:17