We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting around without car?

CT
Level Contributor
363 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Getting around without car?

Two non-drivers want to visit Bellingham in April. Will we have problems getting around Bellingham (& possibly to surrounding areas) without a car, or is the public transportation good? Also heard conflicting things about the weather, one is that the sun is hardly ever out. Of course this wasn't mentioned in the tourist board literature.Would like to hear from area residents on these matters. Thank you.

CT
Level Contributor
363 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Getting around without car?

I thank everyone again for your helpful input. A note to the people who suggested car rentals - in my OP I mentioned I was a non-driver so car rental not an option. Bellingham sounds lovely and I plan on a visit, then I'll see if it's a place I'd consider retiring. I currently live where the bus service leaves alot to be desired, after previously living in NYC where buses were plentiful. When I retire I definitely want to be where the public transportation is good enough to not have to do a lot of careful calculating & coordinating changing routes like I do now. Thanks again everyone for the feedback. Was going to visit around April but sounds like the weather will be better in the summer months. I'll be back to this helpful forum closer to the time of my visit.

portland, oregon
2 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Getting around without car?

I lived in bellingham without a car- I thought the transportation was pretty good and great price. When I left in 09- they had cut some services but has come back I think. While I was there, I traveled to the islands, train to seattle, also portland, if the buses are still running will be fine. If you have questions you can email me at jenkii@yahoo.com-

portland, oregon
2 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Getting around without car?

I lived in bellingham without a car- I thought the transportation was pretty good and great price. When I left in 09- they had cut some services but has come back I think. While I was there, I traveled to the islands, train to seattle, also portland, if the buses are still running will be fine. If you have questions you can email me at jenkii@yahoo.com-

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,045 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Getting around without car?

please don't resurrect old posts. The question was from last feb and I'm sure the op has come and gone.

15. Re: Getting around without car?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2013, 20:20