We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Whidbey & Camano

Which Camano Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
Visiting Whidbey & Camano

We'll be visiting Whidbey and Camano Islands for a few days in late Dec and wondered what we should try to see while there, where to stay, good restaurants, etc. I just read over the rules here, and hope it's OK if I ask for this type of specific travel advice. We'd like to spend one night in north Camano and two nights on Whidbey (one night in the south island area, and one night closer to the north or central Whidbey, maybe Coupeville).

Would appreciate any recommendations or info.

Thanks!

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Visiting Whidbey & Camano

Jet72,

Sorry it took awhile to reply--I just returned from a business trip this afternoon. Thanks for the good lunch suggestions! I'll make sure to add your info to our trip notebook as a reminder--maybe we will take the ferry over to Guemes. Sounds like fun. While on my business trip this week, I met someone who used to live in Mt. Vernon, and also spent quite a bit of time in the Whidbey Island area. He mentioned Anacortes too, and said it's really a nice area, and that we should consider it, and definitely visit there to check it out. Thanks again!

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Visiting Whidbey & Camano

Though you did not mention Anacortes, I agree with jet72, well worth exploring. At least 3 interesting galleries plus active arts scene, small town and nice community events and easy access to the San Juans, Victoria, etc. Hospital. Nice marina, if you are a boater or like boats. Obviously, I llike this entire region! Good Luck.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Visiting Whidbey & Camano

Any opinions about the Fort Casey Inn in Coupeville? Well, I know it's actually south of the town, but it has a Coupeville address. It looks like an interesting place to stay, in one of their individual cottages, formerly WWI officer housing. A few of them are still open for the end of Dec. I think Coupeville would be a good, fairly central location for us to spend a few nights while we explore the island.

Before heading back to Seattle, we might spend one night further south in Langley or Freeland. I wasn't really looking for a B&B as this is a fact-finding trip for future relocation, rather than a retreat kind of experience, but it appears that most of the island accomodations are B&Bs rather than hotels/motels. I read a few good reviews about the Harbour Inn motel in Freeland here at TA, and I may check there for availability. There was also a place in Oak Harbor that had some good reviews, but right now I can't remember the name--from what I've read here, I think we'd prefer staying in Coupeville anyway.

I'll take any and all suggestions. :-)

14. Re: Visiting Whidbey & Camano

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 10:24
Get answers to your questions about Camano Island