We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Forest Learning Cntr at St. Helens to limit open hours.

Which Castle Rock hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Longview, Washington
Destination Expert
for Mount Rainier National Park
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
128 reviews
Save Topic
Forest Learning Cntr at St. Helens to limit open hours.

An article in our local paper this morning states that Weyerhaeuser Company announced that the Forest Learning Center at Mt. St. Helens will be open only on Fridays and weekends this season as the company tries to cut expenses.

How sad, I've always considered it one of the most interesting, especially for the children.

The Center will also be open Monday, May 18, the anniversary of the volcano blast; Memorial Day and Labor Day.

The gift shop, restroom and outdoor facilities surrounding the forest center will remain open 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily.

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Forest Learning Cntr at St. Helens to limit open hours.

How very sad. My DH built many of the exhibits there, including the helicopter that the kids can "fly".

When we visited toward the end of the season last year, it was up on the air as to whether they would be open at all this year. So, I suppose being open on the weekends is good news.

For obvious reasons, this is one of our favorite stops on the way to the volcano. But, other than the family connection, the kids really do seem to enjoy the exhibits and the grounds here best.

2. Re: Forest Learning Cntr at St. Helens to limit open hours.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2009, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Castle Rock