We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fires?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
17 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Fires?

We are supposed to be camping this weekend in Lake Chelan State Park. What is the smoke and fire situation like?

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,141 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fires?

For the Wenatchee Valley the air quality is considered hazardous. Nearby areas range from moderate to very unhealthy. check the Wenatchee World for current fire and air quality info. Personally, I would change your plans.

Edited: 14 September 2012, 22:39
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
17 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fires?

Thank you for your reply. I will check that out. We have small children, including a 7 month old so I am more concerned for them.

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,141 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fires?

wenatcheeworld.com/news/…

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
685 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fires?

Reports on local news last night said gusty winds expected this weekend and that firefighters were working franctically to keep two fires near Chelan from joining together. I would definitely change your plans.

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
10,456 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fires?

I just spoke to my sis who lives there and she said it's bad out, very smoky, hard to see even across the lake and that it's really not a good time to go.

Collie

6. Re: Fires?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2013, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Chelan
Recent Conversations