We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Twilight trip...

Which Forks hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Zealand
5 posts
Save Topic
Twilight trip...

Hi,

Im from New Zealand and am planning a trip next year to the states. I am thinking of going to LA, maybe Las vegas and San Franciso but I REALLY also want to go to Forks...

Whats the best way to get there? I assume flying to Seattle and then hiring a car? Is there any way to get vloser than Seattle? My boyfriend and I will be 23 so will have to pay extra for car hire (if we can even hire one) so looking for the cheapest option in that respect while still getting the full experience.

Does anyone have any advice on how best to get there and get around? We will be travelling around June/July 2010. Also any ideas on how long to spend there?

Any help appreciated!

Tracy, N.California
Level Contributor
406 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Twilight trip...

I say we just added more details that I think will help ;)

Everett, Washington
Level Contributor
2,381 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Twilight trip...

Just watched the movie on DVD last weekend. OK story but my wife and I got useful insights on teenage high school girl culture that explained a LOT about our daughter's high school years. ;) She, being a big Twilight fan, said 2nd movie is due in November. Anyone know if they re-used sites for location shooting? Or did they film locations at same time for both movies? With next one coming out interest (and tours) would probably continue into 2010.

I got a kick out of the baseball lightning scene. I don't ever recall the type of rain on the coast ever producing much (if any) lighting. Not the right sort of environment - high topped clouds with vertical motion and lots of ice in the cloud.

Even if Forks is not that prominent in the movie hiking some of the deep rainforest would be well worth it. Although in August it would not be as likely to be rainy/drizzly.

Tracy, N.California
Level Contributor
406 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Twilight trip...

Sequim88:

The second movie New Moon is presently being filmed in Vancouver Canada and will film in Italy in a few months. They have not said anything about filming in Oregon again or at least that I'm aware of.

The baseball scene is my favorite scene... the lighting was created while editing the film in studio. The lighting was very important to have and that is why it was added... and I'm glad they did. The book is more detailed...

14. Re: Twilight trip...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 10:21