We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two days only

Which Forks hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
lower alabama
Level Contributor
52 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Two days only

For those in the know, what would you advise as the best thing(s) to see if you only have two days? Just stay in the park lodging and walk around the woods? Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I'm going May 13th-15th.

Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
9,104 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two days only

You need to do more research than this. Read up on the Olympic National Park pages, check out www.kaleberg.com, and then get back to us.

Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,418 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Two days only

The question is what made you pick Forks. It is a small depressed former logging town surrounded by clearcuts. It lacks many things including decent food. If you understand that, it Is the closet place to stay for visiting two of the best Olympic Beaches and the Hoh Rainforest.

lower alabama
Level Contributor
52 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Two days only

OK..I don't quite understand what you mean but Forks is just a town in the area I am visiting. What I am asking for is an alternative to Forks...anything, anywhere, to make the best out of a weekend in the area. Go to the State Park Facility? What would you do with that short of time to experience the rain forest? Where to stay to get the most out of such a short period of time? Just a suggestion would be quite appreciated. Stay in the Park facility? That looks pretty good...instead of researching I was hoping someone would give me quick advice on where to go. I just heard Forks is near the "rain forest" area. I'm from the South East and know very little about this area.

Edited: 24 April 2011, 06:39
Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,418 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Two days only

Now we know you want to visit the Hoh Rainforest. Just wanted to let you know that Forks offers little other then a decent place to sleep. They have some motels that are just fine. My choice if you do not mind spending a little more is to stay at the Quilleyute River Resort. It sits on a river near the Olympic Coast. Dramatic Rialto Beach is a great place to visit. Lowtide gives you the chance to see beautiful tidepools. Comming from the South be aware the coast can be pretty cool in May.The Hoh is one of my favorite places anywhere. Unless you camp there really is no place to stay at the Hoh.

Google Forks Chamber of Commerce for options of places to stay. Your other option is the Quinault Rainforest further south. Google Quinault Rainforest. They have a good site on the area.

Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,104 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Two days only

At least read the www.nps.gov entry on ONP. Your queries indicate you know nothing about ONP and have some misconceptions. What is this "Park facility" you keep talking about? And what is this "State park facility?" ONP is a national park. There are no park lodgings in the Hoh Rain Forest, although there is a campground. There are no restaurants, not even a vending machine at the Visitor Center.

With two days you have time to take a nice hike in the Hoh Rain Forest and see at least two other of the many park attractions. But you need to do some research. Do you want to see beaches in addition to the Hoh Rain Forest? Mountains? How far are you willing to hike? What is your budget for lodging?

ONP is not a good place to wing it. It is severely under served in terms of tourist infrastructure, with few places to stay, to eat, or to buy food. Distances are great.It's not like other national parks. You really need to plan ahead.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Two days only

Hi,

There are some very negative outlooks here! I stayed in Forks for 2 days last August and am going back for a week this August. I'm from Australia and thought the place was unbelievably gorgeous. I recommend going out to La Push and going to Rialto beach and second beach, it is stunning! A walk thru the forrest is just as amazing. It is a great place to relax, unwind and get away from the city.

I hope you enjoy

7. Re: Two days only

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 18:17