We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

House Boats

North Dallas
1 post
Save Topic
House Boats

Has anyone ever rented a house boat in Gig Harbor? 4 family members are wondering if this is an optimal choice for lodging in the down town Gig Harbor area?

Thanks!

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: House Boats

I've never heard of renting house boats there, but if the cost is reasonable it sounds like fun! I have only heard of them out on Lake Roosevelt. Out there the cost approaches $1000 a day in high season, so I've never done it.

Maybe I'm reading that website wrong, but in any case it is spendy.

Edited: 26 December 2009, 05:37
Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,138 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: House Boats

Tell us more about your trip? What are your plans?

Seattle is a boat loving town, and many people either sail or have powerboats/cabin cruisers, traveling throughout the Sound and to the San Juan Islands. I have rented houseboats several times, but truthfully haven't considered it as a salt-water travel option. It is not that common in those waters...so let me think more on logistics.

Again, tell us more about your travel goals.

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: House Boats

You might want to check out the book "Boatless in Seattle", as there are options at the yacht clubs and other places that wouldn't ordinarily come to mind.

Fox Island...
Level Contributor
610 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: House Boats

There are houseboats available in Gig Harbor. They are moored so are a nice alternative to a hotel. Here is the website:

http://pleasurecraftrentals.com/

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: House Boats

They are the same houseboats that you see rented everywhere around the country. The website doesn't say the rates, so that would be the decision maker for me. It seems like it could be a great idea as long as you don't want to go to downtown Seattle every day.

6. Re: House Boats

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Gig Harbor