We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Langley- 1 or 2 nights?

Singapore
Level Contributor
555 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Langley- 1 or 2 nights?

HI, I would like to ask the experts here if we should stay 1 or 2 nights at Langley. I was thinking of 2 nights so we can really drive around and explore Whidbey Island.

Can you let me know some good places of interest that we can visit or see? We are coming from Seattle.

Thank you!

Michelle

6 replies to this topic
Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
9,834 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Langley- 1 or 2 nights?

Langley is very small , but very nice. I would spend two nights and enjoy the Island. Consider driving to the Island from the North by way of Deception Pass. It is quite a dramatic spot.

Whidbey Island...
Level Contributor
140 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Langley- 1 or 2 nights?

Langley is great to use as a base to explore the rest of the island. Good restaurants and shops. Visit the information kiosk at the corner of Highway 525 and Langley Rd. (first traffic light as you come up off the ferry). If you know your dates I might be able to suggest events you might be interested in.

Singapore
Level Contributor
555 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Langley- 1 or 2 nights?

Hi we are there at Langley from 20th- 22nd April. Thank u very much!!

Level Contributor
36,345 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Langley- 1 or 2 nights?

We stayed one night at The Inn @ Langley, two nights would have been much better! Whidbey Island is a beautiful place to spend time in. A nice place to slow down and relax. Enjoy! :)

Whidbey Island...
Level Contributor
140 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Langley- 1 or 2 nights?

Here are some suggestions in no particular order:

Spend a day exploring the Central and North end of Whidbey. This could include:

Deception Pass Bridge:

http://www.deceptionpasstours.com/

If the weather is clear you might enjoy driving up to the Mt. Erie overlook just south of Anacorets. Great vistas all over Puget Sound.

Greenbank Farm: Art galleries, Wine tasting, etc.

Hiking Ebey's Landing and Prairie overlooking the Sound is spectacular on a clear day. Exlporing downtown/wharf in Coupeville

Ft. Casey and Admirality Lighthouse near the Keystone ferry terminal.

Good dining options for Coupevile: Christophers, First Street Bistro, Oystercatcher

In the Langley/South Whidbey Area:

Evening entertainment in Langley could include:

Theater at Whidbey Island Center for the Arts: www.wicaonline.com

Or the local movie theater "The Clyde"

Dining options in the South End: Gordon's in Freeland. In Langley Prima Bistro, Cafe Langley, Useless Bay Coffee Co. (upscale BBQ)

You could even consider taking the Coupeville (Keystone) ferry as walk-on passengers for part of a day to Port Townsend.

Level Contributor
36,345 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Langley- 1 or 2 nights?

Gordon's on Blueberry Hill was one of our favorite meals on Whidbey Island. Love the Penn Cove Mussels there! :)

Reply to: Langley- 1 or 2 nights?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Langley