We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best place for a wedding?

Which Leavenworth hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
washington
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
best place for a wedding?

My daughter is thinking about a Nov. wedding. I am hoping I could get some suggestions. She would like a nice small intimate wedding, maybe about 20 guests. Thank you, Debbie

Fox Island...
Level Contributor
610 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best place for a wedding?

Leavenworth can be difficult to get to in Nov because of snow and road conditions. Are you sure she wants to risk that for a wedding? Or does she live in Leavenworth? There are several good restaurants with large areas that would accommodate 20 people but I couldn't suggest a location for the wedding itself. Maybe there's a chapel in town as it would be too cold for anything outside. She could check in to Snoqualmie Falls Lodge for the ceremony and the reception if she wants a mountain experience. They do LOTS of weddings and is much easier to get to in the winter.

Leavenworth...
Level Contributor
8 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best place for a wedding?

Leavenworth is a beautiful place for a wedding no matter the time of year. You might want to consider "The Wedding Haus". They have a beautiful location and provide indoor weddings November - April. They can be reached at (509) 548-1501 or (866) 494-2WED.

Also, go to www.leavenworth.org and click on "Planning a wedding" . There are a lot of resources there as well.

The passes are ususally fine during that time, but always be prepared. The DOT does a great job of maintaining the roads.

Good luck & best wishes to your daughter.

Seattle
Level Contributor
153 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: best place for a wedding?

Check out a place called Mountain Home Lodge. Lots of positive reviews on here. It's a fabulous B&B tucked away in the mountains just out of Leavenworth. I know they do summer weddings, not sure about winter weddings. In the winter, the road is closed so they shuttle you up in a sno-cat. If the 20 guests are willing to stay for a couple of days, it would be a fabulous place for some cozy winter fun and an intimate ceremony.

www.mthome.com

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
49 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best place for a wedding?

I would also recommend Mt. Springs Lodge. We were just married there this past weekend and I really cannot say enough good things about the staff, the location and the food. It was fabulous. They took care of everything for us on the day of our wedding and their recommendations for vendor was amazing. You can bring in your own beer/ wine which really helped us with cost. There are a lot of different options that you can do for your wedding, espeically if you are only haveing 20 people.

The best part is that all your guests can stay onsite and you can make a very fun weekend out of it. The views for pictures cannot be beat. I would highly recommend going to check them out. The wedding coordinator is amazing. It's a family run business and they really care about their guests.

Best of luck to you! - We have also stayed at Mt. Home Lodge as well and they were really good too!

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
5 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best place for a wedding?

Beecher Hill House!! Just outside of downtown - beautiful mansion with 4 quaint rooms. Not obnoxiously decorated either. They can host a wedding with a max of 30 people in the winter. Very pretty recently renovated historic home. Very reasonable and you get the place from Friday - Sunday.

I liked Mt Springs as well - but thought it was overpriced by comparison and located in Plain - requiring travel over either Chumstick or Hwy 2 which can be very precarious in the winter.

6. Re: best place for a wedding?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 07:20
Get answers to your questions about Leavenworth