We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newly paved road

neah bay
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Newly paved road

Just a quick note to add that the road to Cape Flattery is now paved all the way. THere are also look out spots along the way to view swans, ducks, the scenery.

There also is a new veteren park there along the waterfront. A new cafe called the warm house cafe sits with a view to the new marina.

There are several beaches in the area to visit. There are a few hiking trails too.

A wonderful Museum full of history of the area and the people. Watch the movie at the end of exhibit.

There is a Chamber of Commerce located next to the Longhouse of Beauty and Taning Salon.

several food choices from take out to sit down cafe.

In the summer there are also espresso stands galore.

a gallery called Ravens corner for artowrk, the museum gift shop and Washburns store.

Bellevue, WA
Level Contributor
529 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Newly paved road

Sounds great. I was thinking of hiking to Cape Flattery this weekend.

What do you think the driving times are from Pacific Beach to Neah Bay and then Neah Bay to Seattle?

neah bay
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Newly paved road

pacific beach?? by aberdeen?? that is 3 hours from us from aberdeen. and then when you leave here it takes 3 hours to get to either ferry. depending on your stops for food or gas it would be longer. There are wonderful cabins here tostay as well. Hobuck resort.. you can look up areas on Makah.com

Bellevue, WA
Level Contributor
529 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Newly paved road

I have a beach house at Pacific Beach, so I was going to return home on Sunday by the longer northerly route and see sights along the way. If the weather looks good. The forecast looks promising on Sunday.

memphis, tn
Level Contributor
18 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Newly paved road

We were surprised and thought we were lost because the directions I printed out still said 'go down a 4.5 mile gravel road to the trailhead'. We kept saying 'did we miss it!?!' and then we got there. lol.

Boston and...
Level Contributor
3,720 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Newly paved road

I went out to Cape Flattery in September, and it is now one of my favorite places on earth. I've described it as achingly beautiful, particularly from the platforms along and at the end of the improved trail leading to the point overlooking the dramatic cliffs, the emerald water in the deep surging inlets, and Tatoosh Island. Bob, when I read your description of Pt. Grenville, I wished I could describe Cape Flattery as powerfully.

Getting there was a lot of driving, but beautiful. I would really suggest that visitors stay no further away than Port Angeles, if you don't stay in the Neah Bay area itself, so the length of the drive does not overwhelm the experience. Yes, the road was new and a breeze to drive.

Thank you Makah Nation.

Bellevue, WA
Level Contributor
529 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Newly paved road

I didn't end up making that visit. There's always too much to do around the house or clean up before we depart. Maybe next spring.

7. Re: Newly paved road

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 20:19
Get answers to your questions about Neah Bay