We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cape motel and rv park

Priest River,Id.
Level Contributor
13 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
cape motel and rv park

Can anyone give me any current info on this motel? I can't find anything newer than Sept. of 2013... pic's of the rooms? the view?

8 replies to this topic
Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
10,717 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cape motel and rv park

I wouldn't expect much of Neah Bay. It is a very poor, isolated community. Why have you chosen to stay there?

Banks, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,544 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cape motel and rv park

Hi sb02!

(have been to Priest River and Priest Lake-lovely part of Idaho you live in). Now, I am thinking you want to go there for the same reason I went years ago. Now, the town itself isn't glamorous, so rooms anywhere would be pretty basic - don't expect a great view or good restaurants. BUT,. there is a very good museum in town where you can learn about the Makah Indian culture. I really liked it-it was several years ago but I do remember enjoying it. Plus, a drive outside of town to Cape Flattery if you can manage it-----it's a gravel road but in good condtion---Cape Flattery is the further northwestern point in Washington and there's a nice hike to the end of the cape-you might really enjoy that also. Yes, it's a bit out of the way-just depends on what you like to do :).

Edited: 10 April 2014, 01:41
Mentioned in this post
Idaho
Idaho
United States
Washington
Washington
United States
Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,749 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cape motel and rv park

Sep 2013? That's current. Nothing much changes there. Chuck.

Priest River,Id.
Level Contributor
13 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cape motel and rv park

Thank-you everybody for your quick responses!!! We are going for the hiking and I am mainly concerned about the cleanliness of the hotel we choose and cooking facilities would be a plus...Chuck, your answer particularly tickled me as I live in a town where the exact sentiments are applicable. :0)

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,430 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cape motel and rv park

If you don't mind being about 20 miles away, the Bay Motel in Sekiu is inexpensive, has kitchenettes and is clean. Our family has stayed there for fishing trips and it worked well for those. Just another idea for you:)

Mentioned in this post
Sekiu
Sekiu
Washington
Port Angeles...
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: cape motel and rv park

I was just in Neah Bay for a week during Olympic BirdFest. It is such a wonderful place. The Makah Museum houses artifacts from the Ozette dig, which is considered the Pompeii of North America. When I was there I could hear sea lions barking and frogs singing each evening.

Cape Motel is in downtown Neah Bay but there is also a large Bald Eagle nest over downtown. There are a lot of fishing charters that run out of the marina and it appears to me that the motel would be very convenient for people out fishing. The pictures shown on the Yelp review I found were accurate.

Did you check out the Hobuck Beach Resort? Although I have only camped there, I love this location because you are right on Hobuck Beach.

Also, I wanted to point out that road to Cape Flattery has been paved for a number of years now. From about June to August there is a naturalist at the end of the .6 mile trail that helps with identification of whales, sea lions, sea otters, Tufted Puffins, and other wildlife that can be seen around Tatoosh Island. Make sure you purchase the $10 Makah recreation permit when you enter into town.

Mentioned in this post
Hobuck Beach Resort
Hobuck Beach Resort
122 Reviews
Neah Bay, WA
Priest River,Id.
Level Contributor
13 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cape motel and rv park

Thank-you! I have a number of places in Sekiu on my list and the Bay Motel is one of them, your info. is appreciated!!

Edited: 11 April 2014, 00:33
Mentioned in this post
Sekiu
Sekiu
Washington
Priest River,Id.
Level Contributor
13 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cape motel and rv park

Oh, now I'm envious you made it to the birding event...The museum sounds like just the thing for my husband and thanks much for the info on the Cape Flattery road, we were definitely putting that on our list!

Reply to: cape motel and rv park
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Neah Bay