We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do near Lacey

Which Olympia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
187 posts
Save Topic
Things to do near Lacey

My wife will be visiting a long time friend who lives in Lacy. She'll be there Aug 15th-26th. She wanted me to help her find out if there was anything in or near Lacy that was fun to do, any attractions, restaurants or fun bars.

Thanks

San Diego...
Level Contributor
23,829 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do near Lacey

Without traffic its only 45 minutes from Seattle....................

Marina, California
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
5,687 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do near Lacey

There are a couple of brewpubs in Downtown Olympia. Not as good as those in Seattle, but they're decent. And there are several good restaurants Downtown as well, especially if you're into vegetarian or veagan.

The capitol and the grounds around it are also nice.

Lacey itself is pretty lame. Mostly strip malls and suburban housing.

WA state
Level Contributor
155 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do near Lacey

I*f you are into nature, there's the Nisqually Wildlife preserve north of Olympia.

* If you are into antique shopping, you must go to downtown Centralia. Neat little old town, too. It's on the East side of I-5, so don't get stuck in the strip malls to the West of I-5.

*Mt. St. Helens will make a great day trip!

*Tacoma, about a half hour drive north, has the Museum of Glass, WA state History Museum, and a nice art museum. On Tuesdays there's a small farmers market at Freighthouse Square. On Thursdays, there's a much larger Farmer's Market further into downtown. All can be accessed by the free light rail that runs through the downtown (park in the parking structure by the Tacoma Dome, across from Freighthouse Square; parking is free, as well)

*There's, of course, plenty more places to go to. Someone is bound to post more... I live in Puyallup, so I am not familiar with the restaurants, bars, etc in Lacey or the entire Olympia area. I'll see if I can come up with some more suggestions though.

*Don't let the snobs in Seattle tell you that Seattle's the only place to spend your time! : )

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
187 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do near Lacey

Thanks for the info everyone. She's already there, so I'll give her a call and let her know about the things you guys have mentioned.

5. Re: Things to do near Lacey

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 00:19