We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Inn at Mallard Cove is a quiet, scenic break!

Which Olympia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
The Inn at Mallard Cove is a quiet, scenic break!

If you're looking for a beautiful, scenic romantic getaway with the luxury of a English country estate, look no further. This place was a total surpise. We felt very pampered, but we also had all the privacy we wanted so that we could enjoy the view of Puget Sound and the Olympic mountains, the walks along the shore of South Puget Sound, our fireplace in our room, our jacuzzi.

Don't expect a TV in your room. If you must, you can watch TV downstairs in the spacious living areas open to guests, but you would be better of to go kayaking on the sound or play golf nearby or just RELAX in the library in front of the real log fire.

When one of our hosts, Don, offfered to take us kayaking, we hesitated because we are not good swimmers and we had never kayaked before. But it was a wonderful experience--it was beautifal fall day and the water on this quiet edge of the sound was like glass. The heron that flew right overhead, looked and sounded like something out of Jurassic park. We could have been back in time a hundred years. Unforgetable! The perfect end to a perfect stay!

We can't wait to go back.

K & D Eugene, Oregon

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1 post
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Inn at Mallard Cove is a quiet, scenic break!

Hello!

We are booked here for a week this coming July. Even though I used to live in Oly, I knew nothing about this place, and really still do not, except the location.

Which room did you stay in? Nice to know about the no TV. . .that will likely impact my husband more than me.

Any negatives whatsoever that you can offer so I might prepare?

Thanks!

Kathy O

2. Re: The Inn at Mallard Cove is a quiet, scenic break!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 23:18