We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orcas island

georgia
2 posts
Save Topic
Orcas island

Yes we need advice. We are staying at the Rosario Resort for two days. Should we use ferries to get around to the other islands?

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orcas island

You opened two postings. Please select "Reply to this post"; i.e., don't start another, otherwise it can get confusing :).

I just noticed that your initial query included public transportation in the title. You can walk on the ferry at Anacortes and ride to Orcas. Don't know if there is bus service. The resort probably has a van to pick up guests; check their website or the front desk. Or, they can tell you about bus service on Orcas.

But, if you had a car, you could drive around Orcas and, among other things, drive up Mt. Consititution (perhaps, again, the resort provides such service).

You could go walk or drive on the inter-island ferry to San Juan island and drive all around; so much to see there, more than Orcas.

The ferry also serves Lopez Island, a nice biking island, and Shaw Island, but little to do or see there. I'd suggest focusing on Orcas and SJ Islands.

Would be glad to provide more details. Have you selected the Attractions tabs for both Orcas and San Juan island?

2. Re: Orcas island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 17:20
Get answers to your questions about Orcas Island