We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

middle May warm enough to camp?

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
middle May warm enough to camp?

Hello- we'll be on Orcas Island around May 18-19. Is it warm enough to camp by then? Stop to Orcas Island is part of our 3 1/2 week road trip.

Thanks.

Seattle
Level Contributor
4,398 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: middle May warm enough to camp?

Well, I know people who camp in the mountains in the snow so technically, yes, it's definitely warm enough in May if you have the right equipment ;-).

You're probably looking at daytime highs in the 60s and nighttime lows in the 40s. And of course there's always the chance of spring showers.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: middle May warm enough to camp?

Lol. Thanks. Looking forward to seeing Orcas Island!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
24,958 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: middle May warm enough to camp?

I preface all of this with, I am not a camper and have only camped these about 4 times in my life including the 3 mentioned below. My tolereance for bad weather while sleeping on the ground outdoors is not real high at all, but I survived and plan on camping again this memorial day weekend.

I have camped at Lopez Island the last 3 Memorial Day weekends so the Weather would be similar. 3 years ago it was beautiful and warm highs reaching about 75. The last two years it has been cool and a little rainy but not bad. All 3 years it did get cold at night while trying to sleep.

4. Re: middle May warm enough to camp?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 23:18
Get answers to your questions about Orcas Island