We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Directions from Kingston Ferry to Quinault Lodge

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Directions from Kingston Ferry to Quinault Lodge

I get lost everywhere, and have no sense of direction. I looked at the Quinault web site, and their arrival directions make no sense as I read them and look at a map. Google has led me astray too many times. I would soooooo much appreciate it if someone who knew the area would tell me turn for turn how to get from the place where the Edmonds- Kingston Ferry drops me off to Lake Quinault Lodge. Also, would it make sense to see Hurricaine Ridge on the way? If so, I would need those directions as well. I only have two days in the park, so I am looking for as direct a route as possible. Thank you!!!!

4 replies to this topic
Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
9,348 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Directions from Kingston Ferry to Quinault Lodge

The most direct is probably:

HWY 3 to Shelton then 12 to Aberdeen.

You can go via Port Angeles and Hurricane ridge no problem.

Either way should take about 4 hours (excluding the detour to Hurricane Ridge).

Renton, WA
Level Contributor
4,074 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Directions from Kingston Ferry to Quinault Lodge

www.wsdot.wa.gov/ferries The route map included with the ferry schedule shows you how to get from Kingston to Port Angeles, where you can certainly visit Hurricane Ridge. When you come back down, just continue west on US-101 and you will end up at Quinalt Lodge. Pala has given you the short route, I am giving you the "via Hurricane Ridge" route.

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Directions from Kingston Ferry to Quinault Lodge

Thank you so much, Pala 32,

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Directions from Kingston Ferry to Quinault Lodge

Bobmrg,

Thank you for your reply. I looked all over the WSDOT sit you posted, but I am not seeing driving directions, although I do see maps. Do you know specifically how that information can be found? Thanks!

Reply to: Directions from Kingston Ferry to Quinault Lodge
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Quinault