We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Juan Whale Watching

Stevenson Ranch, CA
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
San Juan Whale Watching

Friday Harbor or Roche Harbor? I guess that is the question :) There are SO many companies to choose from! Suggestions on which one to go with would be greatly appreciated.

Level Contributor
70 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Juan Whale Watching

You won't make a mistake with any company you choose....they are all experts on where the wildlife will be found...if they are around that day:) Have Fun!

Castle Rock...
Level Contributor
38 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Juan Whale Watching

My family & I just returned from Orcas Island. We went out with Eclipse Charters. We would highly recommend!!! Eclipse is piloted by Captain Jim & has an on-board naturalist, Deb. That day we were able to see bald eagles [both flying and nesting], harbor seals [sunbathing], & of course...orcas. The boat is about a year old and has indoor and our door seating. We tracked the whales as they moved from East to West over a three hour period. Eclipse leaves from the ferry landing on Orcas Island. Captian Jim was great! Enjoy the islands!

T-bone

anywhereUSA
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: San Juan Whale Watching

what is the peak time to see orcas?

Stevenson Ranch, CA
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: San Juan Whale Watching

Many thanks to those who responded:) I guess we will just decide on the size of the boat and go with that company. Thanks again and happy holiday!