We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tell Us Where to Stay in San Juan Islands

USA
Level Contributor
1,205 posts
137 reviews
Save Topic
Tell Us Where to Stay in San Juan Islands

We have 10 days to 2 weeks, coming from the East Coast. I don't want to go "island hopping." Instead, I would rather spend our time on one island, or maybe two islands - but not more than that. We like small, quiet, out-of-the-way, and stunningly beautiful scenery. Suggestions?

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,834 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tell Us Where to Stay in San Juan Islands

The San Juans are divided between the US and the Candadian Gulf Islands. Since there are ferry service to only a handful of islands they all get pretty crowded in Summer. I prefer San Juan Island as there are a variety of places to visit all on one island if thats your preference. On the other side you could take the ferry from Pt. Angeles to Victoria then visit some of the neat island on the outskirts of Victoria. By doing a circle up to Nanaimo and that area you could get a nice feel for the NW and visit Olympic National Park. I'm sure you'll get oher opinions but this would be one option.

Mentioned in this post
San Juan Island
San Juan Island
San Juan Islands, WA
Seattle
Level Contributor
4,398 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Tell Us Where to Stay in San Juan Islands

I'm not sure I understand what you're looking for--are you thinking you want to rent a house in the San Juans, or do you want suggestions for specific accommodations in the San Juans or something else? It would be helpful to know more--are you a couple, a family, etc? What's your budget?

USA
Level Contributor
1,205 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tell Us Where to Stay in San Juan Islands

Just a couple. Leaving the kids behind. We would rent a small house or stay in some other accommodations. Not so concerned about the budget. Looking for waterside location, beautiful scenery, some nice hiking, kayaking, good food, quiet and not crowded.

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,008 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tell Us Where to Stay in San Juan Islands

Our favorite, Lonesome Cove Resort. Small, modest and clean cabins, nice grounds. If you select my name, go to Photos, see some of LCR plus other SJI sights.

If you want more details, PM to me.

Also, lots of information on this Inside Page, including key websites:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g58727-c102104/San-Ju…

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tell Us Where to Stay in San Juan Islands

What ever you decide make sure you have confirmed reservations for a summer visit, the San Juans get busy.

WWW.VRBO.com

Seattle
Level Contributor
4,398 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Tell Us Where to Stay in San Juan Islands

Have a look at the cabin at Spring Bay on Orcas:

http://www.springbayinn.com/director.php

7. Re: Tell Us Where to Stay in San Juan Islands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 23:17