We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary help needed

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
176 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary help needed

Hi,

I'm looking into a possible trip to the Pacific NW in early September and am just starting to put the details together. This is what I've tentatively come up with:

Sep. 2-- arrive in Seattle

Sep. 3--take Victoria Clipper to Friday Harbor--whale watch in afternoon

Sep. 4--all day kayak trip in SJI

Sep. 5-- possibly rent a car in SJI to explore the island

Sep. 6--take ferry from Friday Harbor to Victoria. Spend day/night in Victoria

Sep. 7--take ferry to Vancouver

Sep. 10--take Amtrak from Vancouver to Seattle

Sep. 11--spend day in Seattle

Sep 12--flight home

Does this sound feasible? I'm really hoping to do this trip without renting a car, except for possibly the one day in SJI.

Thanks!

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
176 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary help needed

Anyone?

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary help needed

Well thought out.

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary help needed

PS Rent the car, lots to see on SJI.

San Juan Islands (Information on the several major islands, with key websites.)

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g58727-c102104/San-Ju…

Glasgow
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary help needed

I am planning a trip to the San Juan Islands next month and have had great assistance from Vacation Doorways on San Juan Island. They have been really helpful with loads of useful information.

vacation rentals@windermere.com

Good luck and have a great trip.

Gail Sheridan, Scotland

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
176 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary help needed

Thanks for your help. I think I will rent a car for the entire time on SJI. I'm looking into doing a whale watch with Maya's Whale Watching, and it looks pretty far from Friday Harbor.

1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Itinerary help needed

We too need help with this. We're in We're in Seattle for a few days then we have 3 days and nights "out in nature", then we have to fly out back east. Do we go to Sj islands or olympic park or rainier? I think we can only do one given the travel times. Which do we pick? We are looking for hiking and water of any kind.

7. Re: Itinerary help needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 July 2011, 03:05
Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Itinerary help needed

Josaza, would you create a new post so we don't cross wires with another?

9. Re: Itinerary help needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 22:15
Get answers to your questions about San Juan Islands