We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Afraid To Ask But - Where Can One Smoke at Seatac?

Comox BC
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
Afraid To Ask But - Where Can One Smoke at Seatac?

Our flight departing SEA has a 2 hour layover and the return flight between SeaTac and Victoria has a 3 hour layover. I'll have been on a 5 hour flight and 1 +1/2 - 2 hours prior in the airports before flight.

I will probably want a cigarette and am wondering if others who smoke might give me some guidance regarding Seatac and where I can go to smoke?

If it makes a difference, I will be departing SEA via Alaska + returning from PVR with an ongoing flight to YYJ on Alaska/Horizon.

Please no flames about smoking. :-))

Help and advice much appreciated.

Many thanks

Holly

Mentioned in this post
SeaTac
SeaTac
Washington
Victoria
Victoria
Vancouver Island, Canada
Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,010 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Afraid To Ask But - Where Can One Smoke at Seatac?

From the Port of Seattle, Airport, website:

11. Is there a smoking area at Sea-Tac?

Sea-Tac is a non-smoking facility, so smoking is not allowed anywhere inside the terminal building. Smoking is permitted on the lower airport drive sidewalk, outside of the baggage claim area, in designated areas only. Please observe signage and don't smoke directly outside the doors that lead inside to the baggage claim area.

Smoking is not permitted on the upper drive, directly outside the main terminal and ticketing area.

Mentioned in this post
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
Comox BC
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Afraid To Ask But - Where Can One Smoke at Seatac?

Thanks for your reply. I read that before I posted. :-)

I'm not familiar with Seatac. Thus I need specific info regarding Alaska's area for arrivals/departures, how one gets from there to these areas in which 'smoking is allowed' and like that.

Appreciate the thoughts.

Mentioned in this post
SeaTac
SeaTac
Washington
seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,912 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Afraid To Ask But - Where Can One Smoke at Seatac?

your going to have to head thru baggage claim to outside. You can't smoke now within 25' of a door. When you come back in you'll have to go back thru security so you will need to bring your boarding pass with you. Its a pain but that your only choice.

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,010 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Afraid To Ask But - Where Can One Smoke at Seatac?

WCGal, I won't, though tempted, flame your smoking habit, but if you read what I sent before you posted, why ask?

If you go to the same website you apparently have studied, you will find the location of Alaska Airlines in the main terminal. And you will see from the website airport map what they refer to about baggage claim and other areas where smoking, outside, is allowed.

5. Re: Afraid To Ask But - Where Can One Smoke at Seatac?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 10:19