We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Could use help with Sea-Tac connection times - Please?

Which SeaTac hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Louis...
6 posts
Save Topic
Could use help with Sea-Tac connection times - Please?

Traveling to VIctoria, BC. My American AIrlines flight lands at Sea-Tac (out of Chicago) on Tuesday, October 15, at 1:25. Alaska AIr flight to Victoria departs at 2:20 pm.

Will making this connection be possible? Tricky? Or a miracle?

I've tried to figure it out on the map of the Sea-Tac airport, and failed miserably. Is it possible to detemine this without knowing arrival and departure gates?

Thank you so much for any help you can offer.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,894 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Could use help with Sea-Tac connection times - Please?

since American and Alaska are in the same program hopefully your bags will be checked thru to Victoria. If this is the case then most likely your american flight will land at Concourse A and your Alaska flight will be from the C gates. Sometimes Alaska is using the North gates but not normally for the smaller planes. You can sort of check the flight arrival and departure schedule to see where they are departing from and then get a feel. Since you go thru customs in Canada your time is not that critical. Its a bit of walk but not terrible to go between A gates and C gates and there is a moving sidewalk on the A side of the terminal. If arrival or departure is something like C2J or similar then those gates are very close to the start of the C gates.

Saint Louis...
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Could use help with Sea-Tac connection times - Please?

Thanks David! Exactly what I was trying to figure out - I really appreciate your expertise.

I have a small advantage, because I'm seated at the front of the plane on the incoming flight - so hopefully that will help. (Using FF miles to get to Seattle, then a paid-for flight to Victoria. Hopefully they can forward my bags all the way through.)

Thanks again!

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,077 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Could use help with Sea-Tac connection times - Please?

With a 55 minute connection time, you should be fine.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
6,143 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Could use help with Sea-Tac connection times - Please?

American moved from the A gates to the D gates a couple of months ago, the same time Alaska moved wholesale to the north satellite (from the D gates and others.)

Today the Victoria flight departed from the Horizon gates at C2 and the AA flight arrived at D8. It would take maybe 10 minutes to walk from D8 to C2. (Note Horizon is Alaska's regional carrier, similar to American Eagle.)

Your bags will be checked through PROVIDED this is all on one ticket.

5. Re: Could use help with Sea-Tac connection times - Please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2014, 05:18