We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alder Wood Bistro

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
9 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Alder Wood Bistro

Can anyone tell me about Alder Wood Bistro? Prices, service. It looks like it has good reviews, but I suspect the owner was one of the reviews (a little too good of a review:)). We are planning a trip through Sequim and have one night and I would really like to sample local flavors. Thanks,

Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
10,155 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alder Wood Bistro

I'm sorry to have waited so long to reply to this post. I usually hang out in the Port Angeles and Olympic National Park forums.

That positive review may well have been mine, and I'm neither the owner nor a friend or relative of the owner. I'm just an eater. Alder Wood Bistro is terrific, by far the best restaurant in the area.

Wa
Level Contributor
52 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alder Wood Bistro

I agree with Kaleberg. We just had dinner last week at Alder Wood Bistro and I have to say that rarely have I enjoyed a meal as much as I did that night. We both agreed we would drive three hours from home just to eat there. THe food was very imaginatively presented and DELICIOUS! We had mussels with pernod sauce to start and they were fabulous, second only to some tiny ones we had in France. Both of us had the lamb. It was perfectly cooked and served with the most interesting mix of roasted vegetables in tiny pieces. The desserts were made in house and both were delicious. The carrot cake with maple cream cheese frosting was the best I have ever had. Something set it apart from other recipes I have tried but I'm not sure what. I don't remember the other dessert but I know my husband did not want to share! We were served by Jessica, the owner and she was delightful, warm and helpful. Decent wine list, too. By all means if you are in the area I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough. The next night we ate at another highly rated restaurant in Port Angeles, C'est si Bon, and wished we had gone back to Alder Wood Bistro. C'est si Bon was a good classically French restaurant but the food at AWB was imaginative and that is not something you see every day.

3. Re: Alder Wood Bistro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 13:15
Get answers to your questions about Sequim
More Sequim Topics