We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

July conference

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2,661 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
July conference

I'll be in Spokand mid July for a conference, my first time there. Can't wait. We'll be at the Davenport.

Are there any good, fun internet cafes nearby? I'll need one (our wireless capability on our work computers is hopeless at best, laughable otherwise). The conference includes options for a winery tour, a tour of old elegant Spokane, and a dinner cruise on the lake. Any other must sees? I like to walk and adore old architecture, though my activies will be later in the day after sessions end. Presume the sunset will be late that time of year. How about the weather? Thanks mucho!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
429 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: July conference

The 4 seasons are more distinct in Spokane than practically any place I can think of. July days are usually quite hot, with essentially no humidity. It tends to cool off decently in the evening, and yes, sunset will be quite late. You'll enjoy the Davenport and the architecture of some of its neighbors (esp. the Hotel Lusso across the street). I assume the city tour will take in Manito Park and the nice homes in that neighborhood. I'm not sure what lake you mean; perhaps Pend Oreille over in Idaho - - if so, it is beautiful.

Coeur d Alene, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Coeur d'Alene
Level Contributor
387 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: July conference

Sunset in mid July will be around 8:45pm, If you doing a cruise on Coeur d' Alene Lake and have time, downtown Coeur d' Alene is worth a walk around as well as the City Park/City Beach area with many older homes in the adjoining neighborhood. As stated, July is our warmest month, hot and dry, usually mid 80's, some high 80's low 90's with low humidity and does typically cool off at night.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2,661 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: July conference

Great! Sounds like I will be enjoying myself. I do know we are also having a winery tour that weekend. Not sure which lake we'll be cruising on but sounds like a great evening.

I am going a few days early and taking the train to Glacier NP. That should be spectacular from what I hear.

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,008 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: July conference

GNP is spectacular, to say the least. Have a good time.

Spokane, Washington
Destination Expert
for Glacier National Park, Spokane
Level Contributor
3,206 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: July conference

Davenport is nice. All of downtown Spokane is wireless, though sounds like you don't like that option. Not sure on the internet cafes, due to the wireless (called the Hot Zone) here. Winery tour, maybe. The couple of really good wineries in Spokane are Barrister in downtown and Arbor Crest in the valley. You can walk west from the Davenport into Brownes Addition and see a number of well restored Victorian homes as well as some Cutters (google Kirkland Cutter) Dinner cruise on the lake is a nice escape, but unremarkable.

Glacier is wonderfull, I've been going there 25 years. Email me if you need more info on Glacier, without a car you'll be auite limited in Glacier options so consier West Glacier and getting a car there.

6. Re: July conference

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 02:17
Get answers to your questions about Spokane
Recent Conversations