We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train Question

Level Contributor
377 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Train Question

Does anyone know the price and how long a train ride from Seattle to Spokane is? Also is it an Amtrak train? Thanks!

Spokane Valley...
Level Contributor
943 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train Question

It is Amtrak.

About an 8 hour trip.

looks like it starts at 98.00 pp or less.

Go to Amtrak.com for more info

Level Contributor
377 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train Question

Thankyou!

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
2,556 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train Question

The train to Seattle from Spokane leaves around 1:00am. It is Amtrak but it is a totally reserved train. There's only one train a day to Seattle. There are more bus options if you're interested in that and you won't have to leave in the middle of the night. It's usually about a 5 hour drive to Seattle form Spokane. I think the bus takes about 7 dur to stops.

Beaufort, South...
Destination Expert
for Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,283 posts
365 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train Question

I usually always recommend taking the train, but you may want to consider the bus as this train originates in Chicago. Although it has a pretty good on time record, at 1:40 a.m., it would not be fun if it was running say 4 hours late.

Spokane, WA
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Train Question

Actually, the train TO Spokane goes to Chi-town, not the other way around so it isn't late that often. It arrives at about 1 am, but my father in law was delayed due to fires in the Cascades. Generally the train would be more fun, but it does take awhile. Sadly, unless you go in the Summer, you do miss a lot of nice scenery since it will be dark. I think it leaves Seattle at 5 pm or so and once a day. It really could be a cooler trip if it left earlier or even more often.

6. Re: Train Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 16:18