We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spokane Weather

Which Spokane hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
4 posts
Save Topic
Spokane Weather

We are seriously considering moving to Spokane this spring. My husband has concerns about the weather. I feel the climate will be great. He is concerned that the winters are wet and cold (he's originally from NY and hates rain and cold together) and he's also worried that the Summers are too dry and everything looks parched by July. Can anyone give us a perspective from someone who lives in the area????? Any help would be greatly appreciated..........

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
566 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spokane Weather

Hi there! I have lived in Spokane a long time & I think your husband would love it. We do have some rainy & cold times in the winter but not too bad at all. Mostly it is either cold, or snow & cold. We haven't had a bad winter in several years. There is still no snow here. It snowed a couple weeks ago but it all melted. There are all four seasons here & each one is still very beautiful!! Summer is my favorite, no its not all parched & dry. There are hundreds of lakes around here, all being very close. If you like the outdoors there is so many things to do here!! Lots of bike trails, parks, hiking, boating, skiing, snowmobiling, I could go on & on. Idaho is only 20 minutes away & Montana an hour away, Canada about 2 hours away. All very close to Spokane. Good luck! If you have any more questions, I'll check back tomorrow Thanks

Florida
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Spokane Weather

Thank you so much for the info. I am actually Canadian(previously having lived in Alberta and Sask.) and have been in Florida for the past 11 years. My parents live just across the border in B.C. and that's one of the big reasons we are considering relocating to Spokane. We will be heading that way for the Christmas Holidays!! Any information you could provide us with would be great! Ideally we would like to find an acreage near town in a good school district. Spokane looks likes a beautiful city and I am eager to have a look around. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
566 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spokane Weather

Hello again, There is quite a few places for sale here right now. I prefer the South Hill area (where I have always lived), the schools are great, crime isn't bad at all. Lots of places have acreage also. North might be better for you since its closer to BC, but not that much of a difference. The valley is really growing, but the freeway is a nightmare east & west. I avoid it because their always working on it (only when I need to use it to travel) You might want to look at some websites on Spokane realty to get a better idea of prices & size etc. I know theres a "move to Spokane" website that is pretty informative you might try. Good Luck. I'll look back later

Florida
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Spokane Weather

Thanks for being so helpful. Do you have an opinion or any info. about the area hospitals? I am an RN and will be looking to find employment. We would consider living in town depending what we can find but we are actually looking for 5+ acres where it would be permissible to have horses. We were once told that we would need a 4 wheel drive vehicle to navigate the roads during winter, especially if living on an acreage. Any thoughts on that? Thanks again.

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
566 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spokane Weather

Hi! There is Sacred Heart Hospital, which is hudge, but they just laid off alot of workers. A freind of mine is a RN & she worked there for 25 years & got laid off. There is Deaconess Hospital, Valley General Hospital, Holy Family, & lots more close by in out lying areas. When we have a snowy winter it is a very good idea to have a four wheel drive, I use mine. But this year is very different! We don't have a drop of snow yet & neither does the mountains! We haven't even been snowmobiling yet! Check back later

Florida
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Spokane Weather

We will be looking for a 3 bedroom apartment in March. Last time we were there it seemed that there was a nice area in South Hill when you come off the Old Palouse Hwy and it was an area that had a lot of apartments, townhomes and duplexes. The South Hill Area is real nice with areas that have a lot of character and charm. Is there an area or apartment you might recommend?

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
566 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Spokane Weather

Hello again, the area you were talking about is nice. There are alot of really nice apartments up there. Unfortunately I don't know the names of any of them. Its close to Lincoln Heights Shopping Area. They have everything down there. I live close by there. We are having the strangest winter here ever. Its been 53 & sunny every day & 25 at night. There is & hasn't been any snow this winter!! Ski resorts aren't even open. Pretty wild. Check back later

Oak harbor
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Spokane Weather

Well, I have lived around Spokane my whole life and It's never been really rainy. Don't get me wrong it rains but not all the time. That would be western washington. The summers are hot but not so dry that it looks bad. That would be Moses Lake,washington. It is a four season city. I think you would like it.

Spokane
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Spokane Weather

Hi CanPuerto. I have lived in Spokane most of my life, (44 years). I feel the best place for acreage is in the West Plains, prices are reasonalbe and Cheney school District is pretty good compared to Spokane. There are actually some nice, newer apartments in the rural area between Spokane and Cheney. They are Lindell Court, Indian Canyon, and Canyon Greens. I know a really good real estate person as well if you are interested. Good luck.