We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping and Hotel in Spokane

Calgary
Level Contributor
720 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping and Hotel in Spokane

Some girlfriends and I are going on a shopping trip from Calgary in June. Had planned to go to Great Falls but are considering Spokane as we have been told the shopping is far better.

Which malls are a must see and what hotel would you recommend?

Any suggestions for after shopping?

TIA

Mentioned in this post
Calgary
Calgary
Alberta, Canada
Spokane
Spokane
Washington
Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
10,456 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping and Hotel in Spokane

jlocole, Riverpark square downtown is your best bet, lots of shops inside linked by walking bridges from one store to another but many are all on the same levels. Lots of restaurants around.to.

As far as the hotel is concerned what would be your price ranges and are you driving down. By the way lots and lots of Canadians come down from Calgary for the shopping.

Let me know about the hotel and I'll be happy to give you some ideas and web sites.

Collie

Mentioned in this post
Calgary
Calgary
Alberta, Canada
Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
10,456 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping and Hotel in Spokane

I forgot to give you these web sites.

www.riverparksquare.com

www.yelp.com/biz/river-park-square-spokane

Calgary
Level Contributor
720 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping and Hotel in Spokane

Collie,

I like a nice hotel; more 4 star than 2 star. Is there a nice one near Riverpark?

With a pool or hot tub, and maybe a fitness centre. I always have good intentions on going to the gym......

The trip is a shopping spree but not sure what to do for the 2 evenings after we are finished at the mall.

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
10,456 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping and Hotel in Spokane

jlocloe, there are several nice hotels within easy walking distance to the square here are some to choose from first the Davenport hotel which is the most famous that's where I would start they also have a e town car that will take you around down town with in a certain distance anyhow check it out.

www.thedavenporthotel.com

1-800-899-1482

The Montvale hotel

www.montvalehotel.com

Hotel Lusso

www.hotellusso.com

The Red Lion River Inn

which has the fitness center and pools They have been remodeling so check out the rooms first to see if the hotel is what you want or check them out when you get there.

www.redlion.com

1-800-733-5466

There is also the travelodge which has a fitness

www.spokanetravelodge.com

1-888-824-0292

For things to do check out this web site for what's going on in Spokane when you are there....

www.visitspokane.com

Any questions please ask.

You'll have fun lots to see and do here.

Collie

Mentioned in this post
The Montvale Hotel
The Montvale Hotel
174 Reviews
Spokane, WA
Red Lion River Inn
Red Lion River Inn
840 Reviews
Spokane, WA
Spokane
Spokane
Washington
Spokane, Washington
Destination Expert
for Glacier National Park, Spokane
Level Contributor
3,348 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shopping and Hotel in Spokane

The Davenport likely meets your needs. I prefer the classic Davenport rooms and hotel, great lobby and bar. The Tower is a new, more contemporary design. Lusso to me has a San Francisco boutique feel, but some rooms are just a little quirky. Lots of bar action within easy walking distance, as well as dining.

Mentioned in this post
San Francisco
San Francisco
California
Alberta
Level Contributor
684 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shopping and Hotel in Spokane

Shopping in Spokane is much better than Great Falls if you are looking for clothes and shoes. Great Falls has a very tiny mall, but is good if you want to check out Target, Walmart, & KMart and grocery stores In Spokane I like Riverpark Square for Nordstroms & Macy's and a few stores inbetween. It is not a big downtown mall like in Calgary and you will not find the high end stores that you see at Chinook. I also like to shop at Spokane Valley Mall and Northtown. ULTA, DSW Shoes, Fred Meyers, Barnes & Noble, TJ Maxx are also interesting for us Canadians to check out. Hancock Fabrics is fantastic. Albertans are tax exempt at most stores, Abercrombie and Hollister refuse to do it, you just need to tell them your tax exempt before they start ringing in. They will ask for your drivers license and your signature. Have fun.

Mentioned in this post
Spokane
Spokane
Washington
Calgary
Calgary
Alberta, Canada
Spokane Valley Mall
Spokane Valley Mall
73 Reviews
Spokane, WA
ajspokane
Level Contributor
69 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shopping and Hotel in Spokane

Love DSW shoes! The Ambercrombie store at RPS is now closed and Nordstrom Rack is now in the Valley near the Valley Mall.

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
10,456 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shopping and Hotel in Spokane

There are two other fairly large malls in Spokane one is the Northtown mall it's easy to get to from downtown...

www.northtownmall.com

If you go give the Mustard Seed restaurant a try it's one of my favorites.

www.mustardseedasiancafe.com

A little further out is the Spokane Valley mall

www.spokanevalleymall.com

Collie

Mentioned in this post
Spokane
Spokane
Washington
Northtown Mall
Northtown Mall
22 Reviews
Spokane, WA
Spokane Valley Mall
Spokane Valley Mall
73 Reviews
Spokane, WA
Alberta
Level Contributor
684 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shopping and Hotel in Spokane

See's Candy is another stop for Canadian's. Trust its still there.

ajspokane
Level Contributor
69 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Shopping and Hotel in Spokane

I just asked my coworker, its still there!

Get answers to your questions about Spokane