We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dolce Skamania Lodge

Level Contributor
37,774 posts
959 reviews
Save Topic
Dolce Skamania Lodge

Would love opinions on this place. How far from Portland, OR is it? Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,464 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dolce Skamania Lodge

It is about 45 minutes from Portland, depending on traffic. I visited a family member when they stayed there and it is a beautiful place.

Mentioned in this post
Level Contributor
37,774 posts
959 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dolce Skamania Lodge

And how fast you drive, LOL! (I believe we've had that discussion on another board.) I think the property looks gorgeous from the website. Do you know if you can actually see waterfalls from the lodge?

I do love Portland but tire easily of all of the hustle-bustle. This looks like a wonderful place to relax and take in the beautiful surroundings. Are there bike paths where I could ride my beach cruiser around? Cheers and thanks for your input! :)

Mentioned in this post
Level Contributor
5,143 posts
670 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dolce Skamania Lodge

You're realistically looking at 45 minutes to (more likely) an hour from Portland.

Head up there for Sunday Brunch sometime - It's like $25 but it's worth it. Best brunch I've had around the area.

Don't recall seeing any waterfalls from the lodge proper, but you can sit on the deck and watch the kiteboarders on the Columbia which is always kind of fun.

Mentioned in this post
Beaverton, Oregon
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Dolce Skamania Lodge

Skamania is beautiful and can be relaxing even in the public areas which make you feel like you are in a mountain lodge - lots of wood and huge stone fireplace. It can get busy because it is a resort and conference hotel but I have always enjoyed my stays. Rooms are nice and have lodge/craftsman style furniture. The web site pictures are accurate. The Sunday brunch is excellent. I am trying Bonneville Hot Springs Resort next time. Any information on Bonneville?

Mentioned in this post
Skamania Lodge
Skamania Lodge
2,666 Reviews
Stevenson, WA
Oregon
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Dolce Skamania Lodge

Skamania Lodge and Bonneville Hot Springs Resort(both over the Bridge of the Gods...about 5 miles past Multnomah Falls and on the Washington side)are both very nice places to visit and relax; they both offfer great spa treatments, the rooms andpools are nice; we personally like Bonneville a bit better; more remote, less hustle and bustle, pool & hot tubs are more to our liking especially if you get one in your room(deck); the food is fantastic at Skamania but Bonneville has recently hired a new chef who is really good; they also have a listing of about 20 places to hike within 10 miles of their and descriptions of the places with waterfalls, wildlife,etc. We always go up Beacon Rock for a nice view of theColumbia; lots of deer around especially Bonneville ; Skamania has a golf course and tennis courts which are nice, too....if you go up for the brunch get a window seat if possible so you can see the barges or the sternwheeler going up the river; The Benson Hotel Sunday Brunch and the Skamania Sunday Brunch are the two best that I've had in the past 10 years; we take in the Skamania one at least 3 times a year and we live in Salem area but its well worth it.....

Mentioned in this post
Skamania Lodge
Skamania Lodge
2,666 Reviews
Stevenson, WA
Multnomah Falls
Multnomah Falls
2,652 Reviews
Bridal Veil, OR
Washington Park
Washington Park
1,266 Reviews
Portland, OR
The Benson, a Coast Hotel
The Benson, a Coast Hotel
2,442 Reviews
Portland, OR
Salem
Salem
Oregon
Oregon
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Dolce Skamania Lodge

I'll reply to my own post; I spelled "there" incorrectly; I should've just said they have about 20 hiking trails within 10 miles of the resort on either side of the Columbia....most are state owned and kept up pretty well w/bathrooms and drinking water and most like Beacon Rock are now free to use.

7. Re: Dolce Skamania Lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 00:19
Get answers to your questions about Stevenson