We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bonneville Hot Springs TERRIBLE

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
23 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Bonneville Hot Springs TERRIBLE

My sisters and I checked in to this "resort" on 7/28 we stayed 2 nights. What we thought would be a very relaxing weekend turned into a nightmare. To keep this short I'll just go to the biggest issue. The last night (7/29) we ordered dinner and waited 45 minutes just for the appetizer. So we left and went back to our room (We had left our room number with the hostess because we never saw the waiter again). Patrick McOmes (I believe is the restaurant manager he never ID'd himself) called our room and yelled and chastised us. Never did he offer to bring the food to us. Or apology for the long wait just kept saying it was now ready and 45 minutes isn't too long to wait. At that point we were ready for bed. The next morning when we checked out at the front desk, the dinner (we never ate) was charged to our account. We then met with the GM...a Mr. Gary Sorrels. We explained and asked him to take the charge off and we would be on our way. Mr. Sorrels informed us he had a full report (on us) and wanted to lecture us on OUR behavior. We declined to hear the report and just asked him to remove the dinner charge. He said no and asked us to leave. No, not asked... he demanded we leave. Never have I been so insulted by a hotel manager (not that I've had that many encounters). He was very, very rude. I was appalled. He said we had "Poisoned" HIS staff. He was very condescending and it upset us a great deal. This encounter completely ruined the whole trip. I think Mr. Sorrels has forgotten that he is in the service business, and his guests aren't there to "kowtow" to his staff.

Mr. Sorrels is a very angry man and I felt he has treated guests in this aggressive manner before.

Longview, Washington
Destination Expert
for Mount Rainier National Park
Level Contributor
2,582 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bonneville Hot Springs TERRIBLE

I didn't know this place even existed. There really isn't much at North Bonneville. I looked at the hotel website and also TA reviews. It gets mixed reviews, suggest you post a review.

On their website they claim to have a 3-diamond AAA rating. Since you had such poor service, I would definitely contact AAA.

Probably the best place to stay in that area is the Skamania Lodge in Stevenson.

Mentioned in this post
Skamania Lodge
Skamania Lodge
2,628 Reviews
Stevenson, WA
St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
23 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bonneville Hot Springs TERRIBLE

Thanks Kitters, I did file a complaint with AAA and BBB. I did write a review and it hasn't shown up yet. I might have to write a new one without naming names. Good thing you didn't know this place was there... avoid it like the plague!

Canada
Level Contributor
5,363 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bonneville Hot Springs TERRIBLE

Good to know.....

I have had one similar incident with a resort in British Columbia and two years later it still makes my blood boil when I think about it.

I am adding it to the "never want to visit " list

:)

Mentioned in this post
4. Re: Bonneville Hot Springs TERRIBLE

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2007, 17:09
5. Re: Bonneville Hot Springs TERRIBLE

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2007, 15:55
Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,008 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bonneville Hot Springs TERRIBLE

I'm sorry to see the reply from the lodge removed. I agree, however, that it was too specific even if deservedly so. Had the lodge replied w/o names and a more generalized description, it would have been worth keeping in the TA Forum as a help to the traveler as well as a defense for the lodge.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,868 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bonneville Hot Springs TERRIBLE

being in the travel business myself I find these discussions pretty interesting. I understand the logic of not allowing the 'debate' but it was definitely interesting to hear the other side of the coin. Many times its just too easy to post a complaint without a way to respond

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
23 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bonneville Hot Springs TERRIBLE

The GM post was full of lies and frankly it was a little embarrassing, when he said we were intoxicated (3 of us split a bottle of wine) The fact that he refunded our money for the dinner through Am/EX says it all, this isn't the place for a debate that slanders a person, it was not the other side of the coin unless it was a wooden nickle.

9. Re: Bonneville Hot Springs TERRIBLE

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 12:17
Get answers to your questions about Stevenson