We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scenic Night View?

Tacoma, Washington
1 post
Save Topic
Scenic Night View?

I'm going on a date with someone tomorrow and I was hoping to get some good advice here. It's his birthday, so I was planning on taking some cheesecake up to a romantic scenic view of the city or bridge or water or whatever and light a candle for him. My problem is, I don't know where to go. Could anyone give some tips? We wont be out until very late at night, so I don't think Point Defiance will be open, among other parks.

Everett, Washington
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scenic Night View?

Stanley & Seaforts has a nice view of Tacoma and port area lights and has cheesecake too. If fairly late, like near dinner closing at 10pm, they may seat for just dessert. Or perhaps until 11pm at lounge.

Another spot is on Marine View Drive (SR-509) near the Cliff House restaurant. Really nice view from there.

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,749 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scenic Night View?

Depending on your budget, you might consider a night flight in a small plane. You could go up for an hour and see all the places you are asking about from an outstanding perspective. You could have the cheesecake but no candle. Pilots don't like their planes catching on fire. If you do this, try to ride in a high wing(Cessna) as opposed to a low wing. You can see the ground better, except when you are turning. Try Dex to find general aviation airports, and places to contact are called Fixed Base Operators(FBOs) Chuck...

3. Re: Scenic Night View?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2011, 05:16