We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good place to stay

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
617 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Good place to stay

I've only passed through Tacoma on the way to Seattle and Canada but never stopped to visit and explore.

I would like to visit for 2-3 days this time. Since I do not know the layout of Tacoma, I thought I would ask it here.

Would like a nice 3-star hotel in central location, possibly near the water or with water views. I googled and only found one (Silver Cloud) that said it's the "only" hotel by the water? I find that rather odd.

Also, what activities for a senior female (no bars, nightclubs please) that you can suggest?

Do they have tours? City tour or vicinity tour?

Thank you so much.

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
617 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good place to stay

PS - I might also add, what is your favorite food to order at the Tides Tavern? I'm not a really big eater but I could go hungry as well. Thanks.

Sumner, Washington
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
403 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good place to stay

The Courtyard Tacoma is a great location. Can walk to most of the Museums and a lot of downtown. A little know museum is the Karpeles http://www.rain.org/~karpeles/ found it interesting. Have not eaten at the Tides for years but do remember it being very busy and Gig Harbor is always nice. The Anthony's at POINT Defiance is good for lunch or dinner.

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
8,504 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good place to stay

http://www.hotelmuranotacoma.com/

If you'll be going to the Museum of Glass, the Hotel Murano is a perfect match. Walking distance to the museums, centrally located and an art destination in its own right. It's unlike any other lodging in Tacoma, it's an attraction itself, having art works on every floor and in its great lobby and bar areas.

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
8,504 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good place to stay

Note re: Murano

As a resident of Vancouver you can get the hotel's "staycation" rates for residents of OR, WA and BC.

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
617 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good place to stay

Although I think I would like also being near the water area, that would be super. Thanks for the tips on the Murano hotel. A room with a view would be splendid. Not sure I want to pay $400/night at the Silver Cloud though. Way too pricey for me.

6. Re: Good place to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2015, 17:15