We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Auctions

Mars
Level Contributor
227 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Auctions

We will be in the Beckley area sometime in October. My husband loves auctions. Are there any auction houses with regularly scheduled auctions nearby? We would also be interested in on site auctions, but it is probably too early for them to be advertised. Also any flea markets, antiques stores and quilt shops (for me)?

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
9,470 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Auctions

No scheduled auctions that I know of. Check the paper when you get into town.

There is an Antique store just off I-77 at the Harper Rd. Exit.

There is also a very large one in Beaver, WV just 4 miles or so from Beckley, and very easy to get to off I-77/64. I was just there last week.....spent about 2 hours browsing around. (could have spent more)

Bethel Park, PA
Level Contributor
605 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Auctions

Depends on how far you want to drive. In Wythville (sp?) right off the interstate is a great shop that sells upscale antiques. Just next to it is a larger place that carries mostly collectibles. You can't miss them as they have large signs easily seen from the interstate. Also, if you like quilts, the rest stop right before Beckley called Tamarack sells some gorgeous homemade ones. (We always stop there to eat enroute from Pgh. to N.C.) There used to be a big quilt store at Fancy Gap, but now that the interstate bypasses the town, I am not sure if it still exists.

Mars
Level Contributor
227 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Auctions

Thanks for your helpful information.

4. Re: Auctions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 20:16
Get answers to your questions about Beckley