We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tamarack

Which Beckley hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lac du Flambeau...
Level Contributor
287 posts
330 reviews
Save Topic
Tamarack

Is it worth a stop on my way to Florida? How much time should I allot for shopping there?

AKJ
Bruceton Mills...
Level Contributor
2,526 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tamarack

If you're going through Beckley anyway, I'd say yes. Its a nice stop and a good place to take a break. I was impressed with the quality of the crafts there. Not sure I can answer your time question. I couldn't imagind more than a half hour but I'd have to drag my wife out after that small amount of time.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
8,429 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tamarack

You could easily spend one hour or more in there.

They have wonderful crafts, an art gallery, books, and a great resturant. Food is excellent!!

Sometimes the crafters are in their workshop...so you can stand and watch them or even talk with them.

On Sundays at 2, they have a free concert/play/show.

Each week is different...it usually last less than one hour.

Its a great place to take a break, stretch your legs, and have lunch or dinner.

Satsuma, Alabama
Level Contributor
188 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tamarack

YES it is worth the time to stop. If you like to shop/look them you might easily spend a couple of hour or more there. Food is GOOD as someone else has said, BUT the chefs there are the people who are in training to work for The White Sulpher Springs Hotel in WV. So by all means check it out and spend a few hours there. I Did!!!!

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
8,429 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tamarack

Yes, the food is excellent at Tamarack....but the chefs are from the world famous "The Greenbrier Hotel" which is in White Sulpher Springs, WV. There is also a little area with Greenbrier items for sale (clothing, coffee cups, hats, etc)

Satsuma, Alabama
Level Contributor
188 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tamarack

Thanks beacklady, I stand corrected.

Satsuma, Alabama
Level Contributor
188 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tamarack

And I can't even type correctly, sorry beacHlady3

West Virginia
Level Contributor
1,638 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tamarack

You may have already passed through (I've been in Hawaii) but if not will add my 2 cents --

Yes it's worth a stop and I would give it at least an hour -- more if you are eating there. Also take a look at the little art museum. On some days the artisians are there creating their wares or there may be other events going on.

Yummy yummy Greenbrier food - well worth the stop.

Lac du Flambeau...
Level Contributor
287 posts
330 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tamarack

Thanks for your replies; I'll be stopping for lunch and at least an hour or two of shopping.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tamarack

Can't beat the fried green tomato sandwich with bacon! And good ice cream, too.

WV
Level Contributor
28 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tamarack

The food at The Tamarack is only so-so. Even though it's prepared by The Greenbrier, it's served semi-buffet style (kind of like the old Morrison's used to be). That taste is fine, but it really is only luke warm. It's simply not hot enough. That said, the ice cream is really the best I've ever had. I always save up my calories when I know I'm going there b/c I never miss that opportunity . . . even in the dead of winter. My advice . . . bypass the buffet line and head straight for the ice cream.

Get answers to your questions about Beckley