We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go?

United States
2 posts
Save Topic
Where to go?

Can anyone tell me some famous monuments in Elkins, West Virginia? I have always loved to see exsquisite sights with my husband, and I am wondering if there are any of those in Elkins. Next week, I am to be traveling there and I want to make my visit worthy.

Thank you,

Shayna

United States
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go?

I am so sorry I had to revive this thread, but I am leaving tomorrow for Elkins, West Virginia, and I would really love some tips on where to go before my departure tomorrow morning. I would enjoy some tips on exsquisite monuments to visit so my trip is worthwhile. Although I am bringing my laptop to Elkins, I would like to get this reference ASAP.

Thanks, and please post,

Shayna

Tampa, FL
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go?

I used to live in Elkins so I guess I will try to suggest something. The only monument I can think of is the Rich Mountain Battlefield in Beverly (about 15 mins from Days Inn) that was part of the civil war. Hhhmm...other than that I can't think of any but I will keep thinking for ya. Hope this helps.

Northeast US
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to go?

Hi, Shayna,

Sorry I don't have any personal recommendations, but looks like Randolph County has a visitors site:

http://www.randolphcountywv.com/

Bridgeport, WV
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to go?

Try the D&E campus. Graceland mansion is a nice place to go through if it is open. I hear that there is a scenic train tour that departs from Elkins as well. Go to the Visitors center in the old Train Depot when you get there they can give you some more good ideas. Phillipi is not too far away (about 35 minutes I believe). The covered bridge there was the site of the first land battle of the Civil war.

Get answers to your questions about Elkins
Recent Conversations