We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Football game

Ellicott City...
Level Contributor
27 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Football game

We would like to attend a football game after October. Are there any hotels that are within walking distance to the stadium or any hotels that offer a shuttle service? Thanks!

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
9,312 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Football game

Probably so. Look at the "hotels" bar at the top of this page and click on that. Look at the hotels listed. They will tell you if they are within walking distance or provide shuttles.

BUT....get your football tickets early. I think those go pretty quickly...if not sold out already.

I'm sure someone else more familiar with Morgantown and WVU will come on and give you more help. Now if you need Marshall University info...I'm all about that!! :) Go Herd!!

Morgantown, West...
Destination Expert
for Morgantown
Level Contributor
1,607 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Football game

Many games are sold out well in advance, so you'll definitely want to order tickets very soon: …evenue.net/cgi-bin/…

There are a couple of hotels within walking distance to the stadium, but they sell out a year in advance. In fact, many fans have to get hotel rooms 20 to 30 miles away from town. You'll want to check with the hotels very soon to see if they have availability for the date you want to attend. Here are a few near the stadium:

Hampton Inn: …hilton.com/en/…index.html

EuroSuites: http://euro-suites.com/

Hilton Garden Inn: …hilton.com/en/…index.html

Marriott Residence Inn: marriott.com/hotels/…

Probably 30 to 40 more hotels in and around Morgantown, but not within walking distance of the stadium. You should also look at Fairmont, WV, Clarksburg, WV, Waynesburg, PA, and Washington, PA. 60,000 fans take up a lot of hotel rooms in the area!

Good luck, and I hope you are able to attend a game.

Ellicott City...
Level Contributor
27 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Football game

Thanks for the info. Yea, I'm thinking probably next year as we are late in the search. But, definitely looking forward to it.

4. Re: Football game

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2015, 02:19