We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel options from Pittsburgh to Morgantown

Philadelphia
1 post
Save Topic
Travel options from Pittsburgh to Morgantown

Can anyone advise some good options for getting from Pittsburgh airport to Mogantown (UWV). Can't get a flight from Philly to Morgantown. Thanks very much

West Virginia
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel options from Pittsburgh to Morgantown

Is a car rental an option for you? From the Pittsburgh airport to Morgantown it is only a 45 min - 1 hour drive. It is an easy drive on Interstate 79.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
9,470 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel options from Pittsburgh to Morgantown

Have you checked into a "puddle jumper" flight from Pittsburgh to Morgantown?

And yes, its only 45-60 minute drive.

West Virginia
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel options from Pittsburgh to Morgantown

Hey Beachlady,

Have you been to Bonaire? I'm looking for suggestions on a place to stay there. Have posted in Bonaire threads but wondered if you had been there.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
9,470 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel options from Pittsburgh to Morgantown

Nope, sorry LvSun, haven't been there - would love to though ;)

NY
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel options from Pittsburgh to Morgantown

I think the best way is to rent a car. There is limited bus service from Pitts airport to Morgantown ( www.busride.org). Flights into Morgantown only come via Cleveland. USAirways usually has some good specials from Philly to Pitts. Good luck

charleston, wv
Level Contributor
2,972 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel options from Pittsburgh to Morgantown

Before I post I just want to say this is a serious question. Not trying to be sarcastic.

I don't fly. The few times flying was an option, driving won out. When ever I consider flying I figure in evrything from drive to airport and cost of car rental. Short trip or too many people in our group. It just never seems to save enough to go that route.

If I was in Philly wanting to get to Morgantown I'd figure the time getting to airport. They want you there an hour early. Time on the plane. (tarmac, taxiway, flight time). Getting to car rental desk and an hour drive to Morgantown.

Compared to just driving to Morgantown, is flying that much quicker or cheaper?

p.s......I drive a truck. 300-500 miles in a car with cruise control and sat. radio......piece-a-cake.

Bridgeport, West...
Level Contributor
36 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel options from Pittsburgh to Morgantown

Would agree with everyone else, basically rent a car 45 min to 1 hr drive. Might check into www.busride.org like WVUmom suggested. I checked the local phone book, you might try The Shuttle Rose (locally owned, that might travel to airport) check prices 304-745-5571.

Morgantown, West...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel options from Pittsburgh to Morgantown

What about to take a cab? Is this possible and how much would that cost? Any suggestions pls

Wv
Destination Expert
for West Virginia
Level Contributor
2,138 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel options from Pittsburgh to Morgantown

I agree that it is a pretty easy drive from the airport to Morgantown. Right now you can get a full size rental for about $30 a day with taxes & fees included.

Morgantown, West...
Destination Expert
for Morgantown
Level Contributor
1,612 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel options from Pittsburgh to Morgantown

Morgantown Airport is no longer served by US Airways, and they no longer fly to Pittsburgh. However, United Airlines now has 4 flights per day to Dulles International in Washington, DC.

If you really want to fly, then maybe check into flying to Dulles, and then hopping over to Morgantown.

As a Morgantown resident, I only fly to places that are more than a 10 hour drive. Flying in and out of Pittsburgh is a hassle, and it is more like a 1 hour to 1 1/2 hour drive from Pittsburgh International to Morgantown (bad traffic between airport and I79).

I've been to Philly many times (both by flying, and by driving). It is only about a 5 hour drive if you use Interstate 68. I highly recommend driving, rather than flying to Pittsburgh.