We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public Transport in Wheeling WV

Which Wheeling hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
276 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Public Transport in Wheeling WV

Long shot but---Buses or cabs

I do not drive in the US and ask if anyone knows if buses stop near the Hampton Inn or Springfield Suites ,as they are located nearbue and I am planning a trip and wanting to stay there..or approx how much would a cab cost for the 2 mile drive according to Google Map

I know they have local buses that stop outside the Greyhound Pick up point...and have seen cabs stopping there

Thanks in advance

Wheeling, WV
Level Contributor
69 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public Transport in Wheeling WV

You are on the Elm Grove bus route staying at either of those hotels. On that line at both hotels, you would be between Kroger and Edgington Lane stops.--I have not taken the bus for years, but I am sure there are pick ups across from Vance Church (close to Springfield Suites) and on the corner close to TJ's Sport Garden (Hampton). Perhaps another poster can give you better information regarding stops not listed on ovrta web site.

http://ovrta.org/index.htm

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
276 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public Transport in Wheeling WV

Many thanks spinnerdolphinwv and much appreciated...I took the greyhound bus from Pittsburgh to Wheeling to last September when over for the Strenboat Festival and noticed a local bus service...but the Google map could give no information other than a walking route as well as a "driving" route....

I will use the website to get some more information that you pointed me to...again thanks and Wheeling is a great place to visit ,and have seen the Italian Festival and Oglebay Lights,and looking to spend a bit more time this trip

3. Re: Public Transport in Wheeling WV

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2011, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Wheeling
Recent Conversations