We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Door County relaxing resort or B&B

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
137 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Door County relaxing resort or B&B

Looking for a mid week getaway - Need relaxing, cozy place, not alot of kids, nice pool or private water access.,Mid range accom. Walking distance or short drive to nearby town..Love antiques. Thank you!

Fish Creek...
Level Contributor
998 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Door County relaxing resort or B&B

OK, first you need to understand Door County lodging. Lodging is mostly family owned, totally non-franchised north of Sturgeon Bay. Generally these properties are smaller, 15-30 rooms. Go to www.doorcounty.com to review the properties.

Mid range is subjective, will most likely not include pool or private water access under $100, but you will find a lot of friendly, clean properties in that price range. Pool/water is over $100 (generally).

Town- There is not one town, there are several small villages that you drive to and walk around. All have beautiful waterfront marinas and beaches. Bay side is more popular, lake side is quieter.

Antiques-again, www.doorcounty.com. Antique dealers and galeries throughout the county north of Sturgeon Bay

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
137 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Door County relaxing resort or B&B

Thank you for the door county 101. I will definately go to the website. I thank you for your help!! I didn't realize I knew so little about the area....Looking forward to learning more!!!Have a great weekend and thank you again!!

Green Bay
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Door County relaxing resort or B&B

I would suggest Bailey's Harbor. It's a little quieter on the lake side and it's still a short drive to the towns on the bay side.

The Blacksmith Inn is a very nice B&B right on the water. There are quite a few right on the water.

Have a nice trip!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
137 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Door County relaxing resort or B&B

Thank you for the response - I checked out the Blacksmith website and it looks like a lovely place. Thanks again.

5. Re: Door County relaxing resort or B&B

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 14:20
Get answers to your questions about Baileys Harbor