We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beantown Campground in Baileys Harbor

Winona, Minnesota
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Beantown Campground in Baileys Harbor

The campground has a 4 night 5th night free deal. When I made the reservation online I made it for four nights. The campground operator called me to confirm the reservation, and I changed it to 5 nights to get the 5th night free and we schedule our stay to 6 days/5 nights. When we showed up, we only had 4 nights reserved, and our cabin was unavailable for the 5th night. The employee there put us in a different cabin for the 5th night, and charged us for our stay. The owner came into the office and learned what was going on, and told us the cabin we were switched to (for the 5th night) was possibly unavailable because he was waiting on a call back from someone who "may" rent it. Rather than honor his "5th night free" deal he opted to wait and see if he could get an extra $98 out of someone. When I attempted to get a refund, he refused (despite the fact that we weren't getting the 5th night we were promised when my card was swiped.) When we got to the LOG cabin (made entirely of wood, mind you), I found that the smoke detector was GONE. In addition to that, some woodwork was broken, and the air conditioner leaked one of the nights it rained. Also, my debit card number, along with SEVERAL other debit card numbers, along with card holder names, security numbers, and card types, were laying in plain view on the office counter for anyone to see. And finally, the operator knew we were staying in the cabin for our honeymoon, and he put us in a cabin with BUNK BEDS. I will absolutely not be staying here ever again, and will make sure no one I know stays there either.

1. Re: Beantown Campground in Baileys Harbor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2011, 06:30
Get answers to your questions about Baileys Harbor