We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming to Brookfield for family vacation

Which Brookfield hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Southern IL, near...
Level Contributor
22 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Coming to Brookfield for family vacation

We are staying in Brookfield September 22nd through the 25th. We are going to the Cardinals/Brewers game on the 24th. Any advice for things to do and see?. We have kids ranging from 1 to 13. Also good places to eat? Thanks!

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,364 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coming to Brookfield for family vacation

ILgal,

I bumped your post from August. You received several responses to it, although I don't think you mentioned bringing kids, so you got several recommendations for bars, etc. The zoo here is very nice, and close to Brookfield. There is a place in Brookfield called Fun World that has video games and indoor miniature golf. It is not huge, but the kids would probably like it. The Lakefront downtown and north of downtown is fun to hang out and walk around, if the weather holds up. There is also a children's museum downtown, more appropriate to younger kids.

There is a food court in the Brookfield Square Mall and many fast food and chain restaurants in Brookfield. There is an Old Country Buffet, kids usually like that.

If you are looking for a particular type of food or restaurant chain let us know.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
47 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coming to Brookfield for family vacation

How is the Brookfield area as far as crime, etc?

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,364 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coming to Brookfield for family vacation

Brookfield is very safe, only the occasional (rare) car break in, but Brookfield is an upscale suburb.

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
67 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coming to Brookfield for family vacation

I live in Brookfield and I think it's pretty safe. I sometimes forget to lock my front door and I don't worry too much about it.

You could check out milwaukeemoms.com for ideas for younger kids. Especially the Great Exposures section - it covers a lot of things that I didn't even know about. There is also a Kid Friendly Eats section but it's kind of limited on information because it's based on family recommendations.

www.milwaukeemoms.com/exposure/index.cfm

http://www.milwaukeemoms.com/eats/index.cfm

5. Re: Coming to Brookfield for family vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 23:20
Get answers to your questions about Brookfield