We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Northern Wisconsin Fishng Trip

Indiana
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Northern Wisconsin Fishng Trip

Looking for a lodge resort with rental cabins for a Fall fishing trip. Wanting to have a private or near public launch with nice piers/docks. I have been looking in the Land O Lakes, St. Germain, and Manitowish Waters area. I would appreciate any recommedations or past expierences. Thanks

St. Louis
Level Contributor
195 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Northern Wisconsin Fishng Trip

I am not the consummate fisherman but my friends are! We live on the MW Chain and I do know that fishing is usually very good for small mouth with the infamous muskie, walleye also available for those with an interest. Chain of 10 lakes easily accessed with a wide choice of cabins and restaurants and price ranges available.

What might be of help is the fact that you would be about equal distance from the Cisco Chain, Land O Lakes area (very cool chain!), Trout Lake (Great Fishing) and a few more miles down to St. Germain if you have your own boat. Local guides usually take my friends down to Trout when out for the day so keep that in mind too! If not with your own “ride” they are available for rent up here. Just to let you know, whenever I open up the house for the “guys weekends” of fishing, I NEVER need to ask twice!

If interested in specific lodging suggestions, it would depend on how many, what type and how much you might wish to spend. Check out :

www.manitowishwater.org

as a starting point. Would be glad to help out more if interested. It IS great up here in fall!!

Mukwonago, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
75 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Northern Wisconsin Fishng Trip

www.whisperingpinelodge.com in St. Germain is very nice and so are the owners. We have stayed in the side by sides as well as the Evergreen. We can't go there any longer because they do not take pets. I would highly recommend it.

Illinois
Level Contributor
147 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Northern Wisconsin Fishng Trip

We always stay at Ed Gabes resort, nice, clean cabins, and they have their own boat launch area too.

The resort is on Lost Lake. About 6 miles north of St. Germain.

They furnish all linens which is very helpful to a family of 5.

4. Re: Northern Wisconsin Fishng Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 07:20
Get answers to your questions about Eagle River