We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eagle River Day trips

Which Eagle River hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Eagle River Day trips

Will be in Eagle River at brother-in-laws cabin on the lake for first two weeks in August. Not to be

Underfoot need to find some fun day trips. We are elderly seniors but we do like to walk, love nature, birds, flowers.

8 replies to this topic
Janesville...
Level Contributor
425 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eagle River Day trips

If you don't mind a trip of an hour and a half, I would drive up Hwy 45 and go to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and go to the Porcupine Mountains State Park and Lake of the Clouds. It is really beautiful and great hiking as well.

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,093 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eagle River Day trips

About 40 min. west is Minocqua. It's a lovely area to check out. Try Paul Bunyan's for a breakfast or lunch experience.

http://www.minocqua.org/

http://www.paulbunyans.com/

Three Lakes is a fantastic choice and only 16 minutes away!! You're close to two neat locations which will be scenic. Three Lakes won single best town in America contest about two years ago as well.

http://www.threelakes.com/

Edited: 24 June 2013, 18:47
WI
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,093 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eagle River Day trips

hiking/biking/walking and scenic waterfalls nearby:

thewatersofminocqua.com/attractions/hiking_b…

WI
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,093 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eagle River Day trips

I have a visitors guide for Minocqua I picked up and circled things in, we plan on zipping through this summer. I'll grab it and if there's something else I can share I will

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
937 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eagle River Day trips

There are a few rustic roads up there that are beautiful.

Boulder Junction is a neat little town.

Minocqua is a beautiful area. If you go, stop at Minocqua Brewery for food and refreshments.

If you go to the dam on the chain of lakes, just above Long Lake, you can watch boats go through the lifts. It's more like a little pull over area by the water, but you can sit and wait for boats to come up. They have to go through the locks because the water level is different between the upper and lower chain.

I would definitely recommend Eagle Waters Resort Restaurant - great outdoor patio and you can eat inside or out. Pine Isle is another place to go that's right on the water

St. Louis
Level Contributor
195 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eagle River Day trips

I agree, the Porcupine Mountains are really a neat trip if time permits. Would allow you to gamble (if you chose) in Watersmeet MI then head up and see the views.. Could be worth the ride.

Manitowish Waters (Discovery Center) has walking trails with birding possibilities, but so are there possibilities in Boulder Junction. Both, I highly recommend for the day trip for you. Minocqua has it’s possibilities too! There are a few artsy places out of Sayner and some smaller, but fun shops in St. Germaine if interested. Keep us posted if interested.

WI
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,093 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Eagle River Day trips

Find the Bearskin Trail in Minocqua, there's a nice bridge by the water. In Woodruff there's the Dr. Kate Museum www.drkatemuseum.org

and in Lac Du Flambeau is the George W. Brown Jr. Ojibwe Museum and Cultural Center

www.ldfmuseum.com

visit Potato Falls

gowaterfalling.com/waterfalls/potatolower.sh… upper/lower this one shows lower

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
489 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Eagle River Day trips

A lot of good day trips should be coming up with colors starting and even Bond Falls north of watersmeet, MI is a good day trip and walking around the areas.

All of the day trips mentioned here are all great and depends on a persons energy level and time schedules.

Reply to: Eagle River Day trips
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Eagle River