We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Door County for Young Adults...

Which Egg Harbor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Door County for Young Adults...

Hi, my boyfriend and I (24 and 27, respectively) are looking to vacation in Door County over Labor Day weekend. I am wondering about which is the best town for us to stay in. I want to be able to stay in a hotel, rather than a house or B&B, and something that is close to/in a town but also close to the beach. I'm not sure how to go about picking the right town and/or hotel? I heard Ephraim is a dry town, and that is definitely not for us. We'd like it to have breakfast included, be able to offer us information on tours/things to do in town and the county, and be around or under $100. It would be nice if it had a pool as well. We are not too picky as to the quality of the hotel, just the price and location (whether it's in walking distance of attractions, etc). Any suggestions would be much appreciated, thank you.

Fish Creek...
Level Contributor
998 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Door County for Young Adults...

OK, let's break this down! First, go to www.doorcounty.com to learn about the County.

Second, "best" is subjective. The bay (west) side has 4 primary villages, Egg Harbor, Fish Creek, Ephraim, Sister Bay. These villages are a couple hundred people each, you would like all of them, yes Ephraim is dry. Further north is less crowded, as is the lake (east) side with Bailey's Harbor and Jacksonport.

Information comes from the innkeeper so get a friendly one (like me!) Also try www.doorcountynavigator.com.

Breakfast, pool, and beach for $100 on Labor Day? Most likely not. Most inns are family owned, we do not have Super 8 up here. Most $100 or so lodging places do not have breakfast, probably don't have a pool, and are not on the beach. But they will be friendly, clean, and unique. If you got to breakfast,beach, pool you are well over $100.

All Villages have a beach. You will need to drive between villages, but can walk around once there.

Round Lake Illinois
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Door County for Young Adults...

Door County is a great place. All the little towns are wonderful. I agree you probably will spend over 100.00 for a place. Our favorite is Fish Creek. Great town, shopping eating places. Bar in town has great food and drink. Close to beach. Have a good time.

Fish Creek...
Level Contributor
998 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Door County for Young Adults...

You can spend less than $100, just not with breakfast, beach, and pool. I would sell her a nice room under $100 today if it wasn't against the forum rules!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Door County for Young Adults...

So are either of you allowed to tell me which hotels you are affiliated with? goldbergmeredith@gmail.com

Thanks

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Door County for Young Adults...

From the little bit of research I have done I have kind of narrowed it down to two hotels either Shipwrecked or Lull-Abi because those are pretty affordable and right in the middle of town, do you have any other suggestions about either of those or others you could recommend thank you!

Fish Creek...
Level Contributor
998 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Door County for Young Adults...

I own the Lull-Abi, so.........

7. Re: Door County for Young Adults...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 17:20
Get answers to your questions about Egg Harbor