We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay

Vashon Island...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
where to stay

My husband and I will have a couple of days this summer (late July) after a stay in Kohler, Wisconsin to see Door County. We will be driving up from Kohler and want to stay 2 or maybe 3 nights and then drive to Milwaukee to fly home to the Pacific NW. Any suggestions on places to stay. Small boutique hotel or B&B that isn't too small. Egg Harbor looks nice - what about Sturgeon Bay- only because it's closer. We want someplace nice with good restaurants around. Thanks!

Door County, WI
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay

cjane,

There are many B&B's in Sturgeon Bay, what's too small? I've had friends stay at the White Lace Inn. They have several different houses that are a part of it. Very nice, good experience. As you travel further north than Sturgeon Bay, it is very busy and touristy and pricier. Sturgeon Bay has many restaurants (for a city our size) in the city and not too far out. You might just want to take a day trip further north rather than staying up there. I would reserve as early as you can, as it gets very busy up here in the summer, esp in July.

It all depends on what exactly you are looking for. There are many condo places up north, also B&B's. Hopefully I've helped a little?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,390 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay

I would not stay in Sturgeon Bay. It may be the doorway to Door County, but is really too far (for my taste) from the actual Door County resort area. You would spend much of your time driving from there to the little towns. I would choose one of the towns on the west side of the Peninsula and use it as my base. Egg Harbor is very nice. But each town (Fish Creek, Sister Bay, Ephriam, etc.) has its own charm. I would search the net for B&B's and read reviews.

3. Re: where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2007, 03:40
Sussex, WI
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: where to stay

Hello!

We stay at the Beowulf Lodge when we are up in Door County, Fish Creek...but there are some nice Inn's in Fish Creek too. Try the Thorp House Inn it is a really nice place also. You would be close to the downtown area to walk to shops and dining...C & C supper club or White Gull Inn....for breakfast or perhaps a fish boil go to Pelletier's...if I spelled it right. You can go to their chamber site at www.doorcounty.com that's how we found the Beowulf and they told us the different restaurants to go to. Have fun up there...we love Door County !!

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
961 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to stay

where would a family of 6 stay. 2 teens and 2 younger children. need to keep them busy. would like access to a pool also. the teens love water activities.

chicago
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: where to stay

cjane,

My wife and I LOVE door county and have stayed there several times. I would recommend the following:

White Gull Inn in Fish Creek. Excellent Breakfasts, great fish boil...have never stayed in the inn...however, looks wonderful and my wife and I are planning to stay there for our next visit in the fall.

Eagle Habor Inn.....My wife and I have stayed in two of the guest houses and been very satisfied.

High Point Inn...basically a condo resort....very clean, very nice....not a B&B or intimate inn touch.

The nice thing about the White Gull is that it is within walking distance of the shops of Fish Creek...excellent location. Not much of a view, however.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to post back! Have a great time!

7. Re: where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2012, 17:26
Get answers to your questions about Egg Harbor