We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay?

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
252 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay?

Which cities in Door County have downtown areas and nice hotels in or around? I have never been to Door County and I don't know much about it, but i read in earlier posts that its better to go further north like Fish Creek, Ephraim, Sister Bay and Ellison Bay. There will just be two of us in our mid-twenties going for two weekend nights and we would like to stay in a hotel (not a B&B). We will be driving in after we watch a baseball game in Milwaukee.

Any suggestions?

Lovely Midwest
Level Contributor
378 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay?

I would look at Fish Creek. There is a lot to do right in walking distance. Ephraim is a dry town (no alcohol). Sister Bay and Ellison Bay don't seem to have as much to do. You might consider staying somewhere like Egg Harbor. Fish Creek is smaller motels and B&Bs. Egg Harbor has the Landmark and the Landing which offer condos.

Waupaca, WI
Destination Expert
for Gay Travel
Level Contributor
624 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay?

White Gull Inn in fish creek is lovely. I concur that Fish Creek would best suit your needs. Downtown Sturgeon Bay is further south,but has lots going on with respect to dining and shopping. The Stone Harbor Inn is walking distance to this downtown.

Fish Creek...
Level Contributor
998 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay?

In the resort area of Door County there are no cities, just quaint lakeside Villages with independently owned lodging facilities and restaurants. All Villages have quaint downtowns, Fish Creek is the busiest, Egg Harbor, Ephraim and Sister Bay are also on the Bay side. Bailey's Harbor (lake side) and Ellison Bay are quieter, but also quite nice.

Try www.doorcounty.com

www.doorcountynavigator.com

4. Re: Where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 17:20
Get answers to your questions about Fish Creek