We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where ti Stay in Door County?

Michigan
Level Contributor
43 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Where ti Stay in Door County?

My husband and I are planning a mid September trip with another couple to Door County. We are planning to cross Lake MI on the Badger from Ludington MI with our car. Where should we stay in Door Pennisula and where is the best place to eat a casual fish boil? Looking for moderately priced lodging if possible under $100.00 a night for a three night stay. Can be hotel/motel for single rooms . Cottage or condo with 2 br & 2 ba where we can stay together and split the cost of the lodging or single room B&B with private baths anywhere from Fish Creek to Gills Rock. Along the bay side. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
164 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where ti Stay in Door County?

We always stay at Homestead Suites in Fish Creek. As far as the fish boil goes, White Gull Inn. No doubt about it. It's all you eat. They even have nightly entertainment. An accordian.

Milwaukee Wisconsin
Level Contributor
223 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where ti Stay in Door County?

Whitegull is great. I like the Viking, too. The Whitegull is a lovely Inn and has great atmosphere. The Viking is farther north (Sister Bay?)It is very casual with outdoor picnic tables. I actually like their fish boil best.

If you don't mind staying a bit further south than you mentioned, you could try the Alpine. It is in Egg Harbor, situated on the bay. It is an older place. There are small cottages to rent, no kitchens. It was set up so that you eat in the main inn (You could always eat picnic style in your own place). While it is older, I happen to love the Alpine Inn--the main inn has wide wooden verandas with lots of chairs, just waiting for you to wander in and sit and watch the sunset. If you want modern, go elsewhere, but if you love old wood floors, inns with rooms to wander, and a sense of history and "place" check out The Alpine.

Fish Creek...
Level Contributor
998 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where ti Stay in Door County?

Door County lodging is different than a lot of other places because we do not have franchised lodging. There are vacation condos and a great selection of family owned inns and B&Bs. You will be able to find lodging at the $100 price point plus tax for a weekend in September, it will be cheaper during the week. Use www.doorcounty.com to learn about the options available, I also find the Trip Advisor reviews helpful, as do the guests that stay at my inn.

4. Re: Where ti Stay in Door County?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2009, 05:47
Get answers to your questions about Fish Creek