We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap & quality places to stay

Which Fish Creek hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
7 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap & quality places to stay

Me and my g/f are going to Door County the frist week of August and are looking at the most cost efficient places to stay around the Fish Creek/ egg harbour area. Any advice is appreciated!

23 replies to this topic
midwest
Level Contributor
217 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap & quality places to stay

Check out main street motel in Fish Creek.

Located in Downtown

Fish Creek, near

Founder's Square

Main st motel is walking distance to many shops and several restaurants. We toured it last summer and are staying there this summer.

http://www.mainstreetmoteldc.com/

And in Egg Harbor: Lullabi-Inn. The owners frequent these forums and are very helpful and knowledgeable about Door County, We have yet to stay, but it gets really good reviews.

http://www.lullabi-inn.com/

Fish Creek...
Level Contributor
998 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap & quality places to stay

Door County is great the first two weeks of August, but you need to understand that this time is absolutely, positively the height of the season. I mention this only because of your use of the word "cheap". At this time, motel rooms in the Fish Creek/Egg Harbor area will start about $100 a night and go up from there.

Just want to set your expectations so you won't be disappointed. The two motels mentioned will fit into that price range, both properties have prices on their websites. Also, both properties will sell out those weeks, so think of booking in the next three weeks.

Have a good time in Door County!

chicago area
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap & quality places to stay

Cape Cod in Egg Harbor.

Chicago Suburbs
Level Contributor
3,749 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap & quality places to stay

My understanding, at least from a summer or two ago, is that the cheapest place in Fish Creek is the Countryside motel. I have no idea what it is like, other than it looks ok from the street and it is about a 5 minute drive from downtown Fish Creek.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
7 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap & quality places to stay

Thanks for all the information! Do you guys have any suggestions if we were to rent a cottage instead for a week? any place that is a good deal?

Chicago Suburbs
Level Contributor
3,749 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap & quality places to stay

Go to doorcounty.com to see rental companies. The nicest places and best deals are reserved a year in advance. For more information, please provide the amount you want to spend. "Good deal" and "cost efficient" are relative terms.

Chicago Suburbs
Level Contributor
3,749 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheap & quality places to stay

Alos go to visitfishcreek.com and eggharbordoorcounty.org. Some cottages are listed on the village tourism sites and not the county site.

Fish Creek...
Level Contributor
998 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheap & quality places to stay

Better get humpin' if you want a cottage the first two weeks of August!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
7 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cheap & quality places to stay

cost wise i am looking to spend no more than a $900 a week

Chicago Suburbs
Level Contributor
3,749 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cheap & quality places to stay

You should be able to find something for that. Your biggest problem will be your late start. Check out the links above. You can also telephone the visitors' centers in each village; these centers will have information on cancellations. Frankly, if someone had a line on a great, cheap Door County cottage, I doubt they would share it on a public site.

Widen your search area to include Bailey's Harbor, Ephraim and Sister Bay. You may have to bring your own linens and pay a cleaning fee. Lots of inexpensive Door County cottages are not air-conditioned. The total room tax in Door County is about 11%.

Reply to: Cheap & quality places to stay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Fish Creek