We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Lodging in Fish Creek?

Saint Joseph...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Family Lodging in Fish Creek?

My family is trying to plan a get-together for next June (2014). We would like to stay in Fish Creek. We will have 6 adults and 4 kids (ages 6, 4, 2, 1). We are thinking that a house/log cabin would be our best bet so that we would have private space and a kitchen. Right now we are thinking we will stay 3 nights. Can anyone recommend a house/cabin/lodge that would be a good fit for us? We don't need anything fancy, just CLEAN and close to the parks and trails.

Thanks for your help!

6 replies to this topic
WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,140 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family Lodging in Fish Creek?

doorcounty.com/where-to-stay/log-cabin-log-h…

doorcounty.com/where-to-stay/cottage-house

here's some links to get you started. Little Sweden is in Fish Creek so maybe start there.

chicago area
Level Contributor
1,199 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Family Lodging in Fish Creek?

VRBO is a good place to start. You may also want to look at Evergreen Hill Condominiums. They are 2 bed/2 bath units that sit behind the Homestead Suites and are rented through them. The condos border Peninsula State Park and you are only a block from bike rentals and good dining such as Julies, Girbraltar Grill, Wild Tomato and Not Licked Yet frozen custard. They also have an outdoor pool and I believe you can use the Homesteads indoor pool if it's raining. If you are going in mid to late June, I would narrow your choices down soon and be aware that some homes ask that you stay longer than 3 nights in summer.

Chicago Suburbs
Level Contributor
3,920 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family Lodging in Fish Creek?

Maybe Robins Nest Cottages.

Gilson Guest House is very nice and big but expensive, and will probably only be available for weekly rentals in late June.

Fish Creek...
Level Contributor
998 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family Lodging in Fish Creek?

http://fishcreekbeachhouse.com/

Chicago Suburbs
Level Contributor
3,920 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family Lodging in Fish Creek?

Kids have to be 12 to stay in the Fish Creek Beach House.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
187 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family Lodging in Fish Creek?

With a group that size, I strongly suggest a house, not a condo, unless you want to stay in separate units. VRBO is a good option; I also suggest you check with these property rental agencies, all of which manage rentals for individually owned houses and cottages: (google their names for links to their websites):

-Lundquist Realty

-RentDoorCounty

-JR Vacation Rentals

I have rented through all of these agencies and not had a bad experience. Their websites list available homes by town, and have lots of photos and descriptions of each property. I most recently rented a house called "Cozy Q" in Sister Bay from Lundquist which is well suited to a large group -- although not in Fish Creek, it has six bedrooms, four baths and lots of space for a large group to spread out. Be aware that most rentals of this kind will expect you to bring your own linens (sheets and towels); some will provide them for an additional fee.

Reply to: Family Lodging in Fish Creek?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Fish Creek