We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Green Bay Hotels

Which Green Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Topic
Best Green Bay Hotels

My boyfriend and I are going in September for the Packer Charger game and I was wondering where the best place to stay is, price not being a big item...mostly location & it being a nice place for a weekend away.

Thanks! Colleen

Waupaca, WI
Destination Expert
for Gay Travel
Level Contributor
617 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Green Bay Hotels

There unfortunately are not a lot of great hotels in green bay. they tend to be clean, mid priced business hotels. Check out the Hyatt near Lambeau field. If you want gambling: radisson at the airport. I must tell you a really nice hotel is 25 miles away in Appleton: The Copperleaf hotel on College Avenue. It is a new Botique hotel with a good resturant (Black and Tan) and is adjacent to all the bars and dining on college avenue. Just leave plenty of time to get to the packers from appleton.

San Antonio
Level Contributor
98 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Green Bay Hotels

We are going to the Bears game and we booked back in April and almost all the hotels were sold out already. You might want to lock something down as soon as you can. I think the hotels in Green Bay sell out for every game and some in neighboring towns as well. I was shocked that most were sold out in April for October! I think a lot of them are booked up by the package suppliers. Good Luck!

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
158 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Green Bay Hotels

Hotels on Packer weekends are few and far between. Most of the time, you'll be lucky if you get a hotel in Appleton, Neenah, Menasha, Oshkosh, or anywhere else in the Fox Valley (south of Green Bay). By location, what do you mean? Are you looking for something near Lambeau, or near something to do, or anything else?

Minneapolis Mn
Level Contributor
44 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Green Bay Hotels

Try the Aloft Green Bay. It is a concept hotel and we have stayed at them and thing they are young, fun, and the price is considerably lower than other hotels on football weekends. Book on line and look for the two night specials or other special package rates. We too are going to a game in Nov. and found the price to be almost half of any other hotel close to Lambeau!

Enjoy!!

Green Bay
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Green Bay Hotels

Tundra Lodge (water park) is near the stadium and often is one of the few places that has a room or two for those booking near their ticket weekend. I mention it, just in case you find yourself in a jam. It is pricey, but close. And if you have not booked already, you will have a heck of a time finding something.

Another tip: Check Craig's List. Some folks near Lambeau will rent their homes out for the weekend...again, pricey, but it's slim pickings if you don't book months in advance.

Ross, Ohio
Level Contributor
128 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Green Bay Hotels

First if you are flying in rent a car. We just left GreenBay after the Bengals game. Stay at St Brendans Inn. Very nice. The people of Green Bay are very nice. I mean unbelievably nice you will have a great time.

7. Re: Best Green Bay Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2010, 04:16